Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers "Go Go Go"
V1: Getting the vocal to cut through without the cymbals is always a challenge with a live track. It sounded to me like the engineer took a mono room track, flipped it out of phase and then printed it to another track to create a stereo pair. I found that a bit strange.

V2: Revisited the stereo bus compression and overall EQ.

.mp3    Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers_Go Go Go V1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.14 MB)

.mp3    Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers_Go Go Go V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.1 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
An enjoyable listen with headphones on. I like the overall sound and space.
The wide panning on the toms sound a little strange with the somewhat centred drum sound. This is in context with the overall live band image that the drums are placed in. Just being picky! The effect is probably being over emphasised through the listening of the track with headphones on.

Dave
I have to agree with Dave, its a really nice mix Big Grin
(06-08-2017, 01:39 PM)Dangerous Wrote: An enjoyable listen with headphones on. I like the overall sound and space.
The wide panning on the toms sound a little strange with the somewhat centred drum sound. This is in context with the overall live band image that the drums are placed in. Just being picky! The effect is probably being over emphasised through the listening of the track with headphones on.

Dave

Thanks Dave,
I agree. I panned the Toms to about 10 & 2/ on V2. It sounds more natural.
(06-08-2017, 02:51 PM)LukasL Wrote: I have to agree with Dave, its a really nice mix Big Grin

Thanks for the listen LukasL.
Yeah, good work. It feels like you're making good use of the stereo field. Nice present snare - a touch too loud? And I feel like I'm after a bit more low end on kick and bass. But nice work Smile