Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alejo Granados: 'Rumba Chonta'
Alejo Granados: 'Rumba Chonta'

.mp3    AG- Rumba CHonta.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

Sonically, it sounds really good and vibrant, but maybe just a little static for my ears.
I would love to hear the individual elements feature more strongly, if that makes sense. It may mean varying the intensity of the main drum part around the other tracks to give them their place to shine in keeping the piece musically exciting to the end. Lots of automation with ones eyes closed I guess, could be beneficial here.

Dave
Nice work. I consider the song quite difficult to mix (I've been working on it for a while, and looking for ideas listening different mixes). Anyway, very nice work !
Marce Morales
(06-08-2017, 01:25 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Sonically, it sounds really good and vibrant, but maybe just a little static for my ears.
I would love to hear the individual elements feature more strongly, if that makes sense. It may mean varying the intensity of the main drum part around the other tracks to give them their place to shine in keeping the piece musically exciting to the end. Lots of automation with ones eyes closed I guess, could be beneficial here.

Dave

Thank you for your comments Dave. I agree that this song needs some work on arrangement and I did some automation and muting on the middle section to help it grow later.
(06-08-2017, 06:24 PM)mmorales2412 Wrote: Nice work. I consider the song quite difficult to mix (I've been working on it for a while, and looking for ideas listening different mixes). Anyway, very nice work !

Thank you for the compliments Marce. Let me know if I can help you with some tips for the mix. Regards
(06-08-2017, 02:25 AM)javierpg84 Wrote: Alejo Granados: 'Rumba Chonta'

javierpg84, que buena mezcla, te aconsejaría que le bajaras un poco al redoblante y le subieras un poco al alegre (deben estar al mismo nivel), algo que sentí un poco extraño fue la reverberación del alegre mientras el solo, creo que está un poco largo.
Saludos muchas bendiciones.
The break around 1:25 feels great, though it's true the reverb might be too much hallish. Some better low end separation (more bite on bass for a cleaner, more articulate sound) might be needed, though. But overall, this succeds in making me move, it's groovy!