Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mix Angels in amplifiers i m alright
Hi, this my mix

my studio

[http://romaintenin.wix.com/studio-r]

Eq comp Api plug waves, comp slate vbc and cyclonique the glue.
And eq mix Redd waves.

.mp3    im-a-right#2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Nice thought but too much bottom end i think.
The mix sounds too api ease up on the api
Nice comp but can be very heavy,i have a hardware
2500 and you have to know how to drive it
and try not to use it like a compressor
Waves V comp is a geat comp on vox and bass.
For bass and vox just open it and leave it set how it
is and you will have the perfect vox comp most of the time.
Try the h comp on the two bus in parra mode
tk takka
Très joli mix! Cool
Really nice mix!
Sry , I have to disagree with takka, this Mix couldn't be better in my mind...

He knows when it's enough of effects.
I have to agree with takka regarding the low end. The kick is too heavy, and the bass needs some more work. Sounds like wrong compression and EQ.

The rest sounds fine to me though, it's just the low end that IMO does not quite work.

Other than that: Good job.

Regards,
Steffen

(31-07-2013, 07:50 PM)Tmny Wrote: Sry , I have to disagree with takka, this Mix couldn't be better in my mind...

He knows when it's enough of effects.
I have to disagree with takka, this Mix couldn't be better in my mind...
Maybe in your mind.The low end is far too much and pumping like a pro on the game.
He knows when it's enough of effects?What is he your boyfriend lol
It is strange that virtually everyone who mixed this song didn't care about the extraneous, annoying click on the acoustic guitar at the very beginning. The mastering attempts I have heard even make it louder! Also the hi frequency resonances of the vocals have been overlooked in almost all mixes and even though they get masked by the arrangement they are quite noticeable in the mastered versions of the mix.
(08-08-2013, 08:44 AM)AndreaZanini Wrote: It is strange that virtually everyone who mixed this song didn't care about the extraneous, annoying click on the acoustic guitar at the very beginning. The mastering attempts I have heard even make it louder! Also the hi frequency resonances of the vocals have been overlooked in almost all mixes and even though they get masked by the arrangement they are quite noticeable in the mastered versions of the mix.

I believe the acoustic guitar click Andrea refers to is at approximately 2.3 seconds. Here's a version of that track with the click removed using iZotope RX's Spectral Repair. It is a WAV file that has been renamed to MP3 so it can be uploaded. Be sure to rename it to WAV if you decide to use it. This site disallows WAV file uploads to conserve space but I suspect Mike Senior will allow it in this case.

.mp3    09_AcGtr1.mp3 --  (Download: 22.62 MB)