Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
You & Me & The Radio RJMIX
Hi!

Again, lots of fun mixing this one!

I had the idea I missed 'something' in the chorus, so I doubled the LV there.
Not sure if it works out that well, actually.

Happy to get feedback.

RJ

.mp3    You & Me & The Radio RJMIX1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.4 MB)

.mp3    You & Me & The Radio RJMIX2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.4 MB)

.mp3    You & Me & The Radio RJMIX4b.mp3 --  (Download: 7.2 MB)

.mp3    You & Me & The Radio_RJRMIX5.mp3 --  (Download: 9.04 MB)

hello, like your mix .. some things change, matter of taste ... I found the bass somewhat sharp and both vocal backing as the thought has ambience in excess, it seems that this detaching them from the mix, maybe that reverb what bothers me is because of some parameter of compressor or limiter that you have used on the bus. hugs Smile
Hey!

Thanks for the comments. I agree in the verses the bass sometimes was too sharp. I applied a low pass filter at 5K and removed the boost at 2.5K.

I also decreased the reverb on the backing vocals, maybe it had a bit too much there.

Check mix2.

RJ

(11-07-2013, 02:53 AM)LughSenderson Wrote: hello, like your mix .. some things change, matter of taste ... I found the bass somewhat sharp and both vocal backing as the thought has ambience in excess, it seems that this detaching them from the mix, maybe that reverb what bothers me is because of some parameter of compressor or limiter that you have used on the bus. hugs Smile

Hey ERJEE,
I can always count on opening your threads and hearing a well balanced mix. This one is no different... Great Job!
Hi Manu,

Thanks!
However, after listening my mix back (after quite some time) I wasn't really happy with the sound..

I added low-end to the bass and guitars. Now the mix sounds more balanced to my ears (MIX4).

Cheers!

(05-04-2014, 05:28 AM)Manu Wrote: Hey ERJEE,
I can always count on opening your threads and hearing a well balanced mix. This one is no different... Great Job!

after 11 yrs, I thought it was fun to make a new quick mix from scratch Smile

(did the multitrack files change, I miss some harmonies?)
Hey ERJEE

Your last mix it's louder ( mine are getting louder too Smile ), but way more polished and nicely balanced
I really like it

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
(16-02-2024, 02:06 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Hey ERJEE

Your last mix it's louder ( mine are getting louder too Smile ), but way more polished and nicely balanced
I really like it

Cheers
Thanks! Indeed it seems I am getting louder over the years Smile