Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Into my Dreams - AZMix
Hey mate ! Thank you for mixing our song Smile Hope you had fun with the tracks!

Here's my feedback on your mix:

In general, your mix sound very distant. Drums, guitars and vocals particularly. Only the toms sound upfront. Vocals are often even behind all the instruments, especially in choruses. In any kind of music, vocals are the most important thing.
You have some volume balance issues, like the second snare behind much louder than the lead guitar in the first solo. Then the main snare being much smaller than the side snare, while it should be the other way around.

- Drums: their general tone is fine, although the kick sound a bit thin. The snare particularly sound very distant from the rest of the kit, so it sounds disconnected. Toms have many issues. First, they are too loud. I think it's the loudest thing in your entire mix :p It looks like you used a gate on the toms ? When there is a cymbal hit in the same time, it becomes super loud when the gate opens. It's very obvious in the last guitar solo. Overheads on the other side sound very well Smile

- Bass: the bass has some volume jumps and is a bit hidden by the kick. You can use complementary EQ between kick and bass to make them work together. To fix the volume issue, I would suggest you to compress the bass more, and to use a multi band compressor to keep a constant low end.

- Guitars: as previously said, they sound very distant and quite thin. In part 4 (the prog part), they should sound more metal, with more low ends. The leads are too much behind as well, and are a bit aggressive. You can smooth them by cutting some 2k-4k area or using a deesser.

- Vocals: defintively too much FX on vocals. This particular songs need FX on vocals, some crazy FX on some parts to bring some special atmosphere, but vocals are totally drowned in the reverb and delays. So they lack intelligibility. In verse 2, the male vocals have nice distortion but should be louder. Automation will be your best friend with these vocals, because of the way they were recorded. So back off the FX, and make sure the vocals are at the right volume at any time.

- Keys: they sound a bit mid rangy for such keys, but they sit well in your mix. They don't take too much space and add subtle atmosphere as they are supposed to do.

I hope this helped Wink I'm looking forward to hearing your revised mix Smile

Cheers
Florian - Perpetual Escape

Messages In This Thread
Into my Dreams - AZMix - by azwayne - 16-07-2017, 06:03 AM
RE: Into my Dreams - AZMix - by thedon - 16-07-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: Into my Dreams - AZMix - by kapu - 16-07-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: Into my Dreams - AZMix - by azwayne - 18-07-2017, 03:01 AM
RE: Into my Dreams - AZMix - by Promhtheas - 18-07-2017, 08:54 AM
RE: Into my Dreams - AZMix - by azwayne - 19-07-2017, 04:36 AM
RE: Into my Dreams - AZMix - by azwayne - 19-07-2017, 08:25 AM
RE: Into my Dreams - AZMix - by Max Headroom - 19-07-2017, 12:33 PM