Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corine, Corine - mix by Olli H
It was difficult to decide should I go to more classic or modern version with this. But when I heard Paul Anka's hilarious swing version of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (2005), it was easy decision: modern. So with this mix I wanted to try how big stereo space I can make without ruining the sound of the band.

Well, as you can hear, I couldn't make THAT big space, but still, it was fun to try. Actually the end result is quite small. I kept narrowing the space as it kept sounding weird to me. But nevertheless, with that Paul Anka's record I tried to study how this kind of music should sound like. As this was totally new area for me, I probably missed quite many details and points of what swing audience wants to hear.

Telefunken has shared also another song with this band: Song of India. Maybe I'll try total mono version with it, someday.

.mp3    2013-07-05-corrine-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 6.21 MB)

Hi Olli
I think you have put together a very nice sounding mix to listen to !

Thank you Big Grin

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks.
Good work from what I can hear so far. You have the trombone way up, I love that. In fact I overdid mine, and I'll fix that if I get around to a v2. Also I low-passed the drums, or shelved off some treble from those mics, but listening to yours I may need to revist that too.

You can see pictures of the band layout on some youtube videos, I think a wide sound can work. Do you like Klangbilds mix, I do - meaning, I think you could push the troms further out to the right.
Sounds great!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hi guys,
my mix and master:
https://soundcloud.com/frantisek-zustin/corine-corine

Enjoy Smile

Frank
That was a real nice listening experience. Great mix it works for me.