Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tommy mix_please comment
Nebula SSL bus compressor on 2bus

Please comment

.mp3    what i want.mp3 --  (Download: 7.22 MB)

Its so cool to hear all these mixes because ive seen this band live multiple times! and as far as your mix goes, ( i know its very late for replies) i think it sounds pretty good. good drums sound, except the toms sound to short. and in the pre-chorus it seems like those guitar hits could be compressed or automated down some. they stick out quite a bit. overall good balance and everything!
nice mix. great balance, nothing seems out of place at all. very comfortable sound. sounds like there is a pretty large mid scoop going on across the whole mix. gives a nice modern sound, but maybe a tad thin. very refined though. one of the best mixes on here.
Nice work! Snare sounds great.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
First of all, I'd be more than happy if I had done a mix on this level! Everything sounds very clear However, here's two things I noticed. Take them with a grain of salt, though -- I'm still comparatively new at this stuff.
  • To me, the chorus lacks a bit of energy. It doesn't sound that much different from the verses. I would have expected it to sound bigger.
  • The snare processing sounds great to me during the verses, but in the chorus it seems to drown a bit.

Still, great work! Smile