Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May: Eliza Jane my mix
Love the recording of this, there are some lovely instruments, really enjoyed playing with it.

I didn't see James' notes until after I'd finished or I might have tried to be a bit more creative - This mix has everything in all the way through. I do like it though, sounds like a live performance to me.

I don't think I've quite nailed the vocal but I'm quite happy with this mix overall (that is, until I've heard other peoples' mixes!!)

.mp3    eliza jane nick.mp3 --  (Download: 11.88 MB)

Nick, your mix deserves comment, especially since I like it very much. My over-all impression is the mix is a bit bright which is masking some depth. I think you can afford some more thickness. There is also a nasty resonance with harmonics with the Hammod on the left side. Absent that anomaly I'd say you mix is very good.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thank you very much indeed for your comment. Do you think more thickness could be achieved with the overall EQ of the final mix, or more so on individual tracks? I also need to pay more attention to organs - I need to do some reading up I think, as I never know quite what to do with them!