Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
My mix on- Ill Fate
First song on that kind of metal.
I hope i am not ruin the mix for metal fans!Its not my style bat i want to give it a try.
Let me know what you think.

.mp3    Ill Fate.mp3 --  (Download: 5.4 MB)

The drums sound great but for this genre they should probably come down a bit or guitars up I believe.[/i]
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
yeah i thought so, bat only kick and snare, toms and cymbals sound right on the mix (for me at least).
Thanks bmullen for the feedback Smile
Though this is not how i roll Tongue
That specific fact that snare and kick overpower makes me want to post one with a bit lower volume on them.Wink

.mp3    Ill fate 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.4 MB)

Good sounding mix
Thanks takka.Cheers!
Hello, I think you took too much mid range from guitars, probably little bit of mids would give more weight on this song. I would like to hear more attack from a kick drum, boost at around 5kHz would probably do it (I personally found 179Hz very disturbing on this kick and made a narrow gap there). I really like the cymbals and also reverb on drums. Vocal is awesome! Would you reveal the vocal chain you used for this track - pleeeeeeease Blush .

Cheers!
Hello jejsus Smile!I will agree for the kick completely, pretty disturbing!Yup i end up ''eat'' a lot of mids on guitar bat i like how the base take that roll in the song(i guess i overdid it Tongue).Thanks for the impute dude,i like very much your suggestions you give me!
As for the vocals, i didnt do much on them, just a bit of compression (not too much, there was really compressed at the beginning) to bring them more up front, very little amount of parallel and some eq (more ''surgical'' than i used too) you can hear i didnt de ess properly (lazy me)Tongue.
Hollow!!
I agree with Jejsus, the gitars are too much im middle range, reducing this the mix will probably sound better.

See my second try on this song...

Cheers

Rdpaiv
Hollow!Tongue
Jejsus said that mids miss from the guitar Tongue and i pretty much agree on that.
I will hear your mix for sure!Bat these period i am very busy and i can't find time to hear carefully mixes!
soon my friend!Big Grin