Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May_Eliza Jane_mix Tommy Marcinek
AngelAngelAngel

This was fun! I didn't change the arrangement at all but tried to make it work with all the tracks as provided. As James mentioned, it's a dense sort of mix with a lot going on but somehow for me it works as is. Yes, things could be done to change the arrangement and make it more sparse in parts, but I liked it too much after working with all the tracks to start deleting sections, etc. Anyway, I spent a lot of time on this and I hope it paid off.

Peace,

Tommy Marcinek

*NOTE: This is another mix. I had previously uploaded a mix that I just couldn't live with, so I deleted it and uploaded this one. I know Mike wants us to, if possible, leave all the iterations of our mixes on the posts, but I was just too embarrassed to leave that one up. So, hopefully this one is the one. Who knows, I may re-mix it yet again....wouldn't be the first time. :-) Peace. Tom

P.S. The tracks were great quality tracks! Musicianship great! Vocals great! Dang! And I have a newfound love for the Mandolin AND the steel guitar!!!!! Those mandolin parts make me melt.....man they are gooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!! I really worked with them to weave them in and out for an ear candy binge!!! Now I'm satiated with the sweet sound of mandolins! They really are the backbone of the song (besides the vocals, of course), AND the steel guitar just amazing. Damn, now I want to get one and learn to play it! O.K. I'm going off on tangents.....in a good mood. MUSIC is my world!!!!!

.mp3    ElizaJane_10_M.mp3 --  (Download: 11.69 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Sounds simply awesome! Bass is a little inconsistent, but it doesn't matter. Great work!
(09-06-2017, 12:45 AM)kapu Wrote: Sounds simply awesome! Bass is a little inconsistent, but it doesn't matter. Great work!

---------------

Kapu......thanks man, I really appreciate it!!!!

Tom

Beautiful version Tom Sounds Great ,the vocals maybe a touch full around the 150-250 on the Righter scale but that's just personal taste.

Awesome work Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(18-06-2017, 09:14 AM)thedon Wrote: Beautiful version Tom Sounds Great ,the vocals maybe a touch full around the 150-250 on the Righter scale but that's just personal taste.

Awesome work Big Grin

Yo Don,

Thanks buddy.....appreciate it.

Happy mixing (especially the kick drum....heee heee).

Tom