Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Elliott: 'Aeternum Vale' kapu mix
Started off with great ambition but soon got lazy and gave up. Still, I think it has it's moments. ^_^

.m4a    scott_elliott-__aeternum_vale__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 15 MB)

(04-06-2017, 11:19 PM)kapu Wrote: Started off with great ambition but soon got lazy and gave up. Still, I think it has it's moments. ^_^

Big picture: Less emphasis on symphonic elements, hallow sound like feeling, good separation, pleasant tone on distorted guitars with the best part of string effect being utilized.
Subjective: Presence of compression artifacts at first part of the track, kick drum and snare well defined.
Conclusion: Overall mix is easy to listen to, cymbals aren't too thin and loud which helps reducing the ear fatigue.
Well done.

You could open up the sound by increasing some high end sparkle & lower the kick a bit.
(30-06-2017, 09:01 AM)J.D.Redbeard Wrote: Well done. [...]

Thanks! I tried easing up things and opening sound a bit. ^_^

.m4a    scott_elliott-__aeternum_vale__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 15.34 MB)

I like the percussion sound great and overall.
Kick and snare sounds really good. Much better than my version at least Smile You could make orchestra heard a bit much but it sounds powerful overall. I liked it.
(23-07-2017, 10:02 PM)gckhai Wrote: I like the percussion sound [...]

Thanks! Glad to hear it worked for you! ^_^
(02-08-2017, 01:51 AM)Turkuaz Wrote: Kick and snare sounds [...]

Thanks! I'm not a huge fan of the symphonic aspect in the metal genre, although I specifically forced myself to practice the sound with these tracks. Still, my personal preferences probably got reflected in the overall sound. ^_^