Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
"I'm alright" mix by Yuki
Had fun mixing this track. Please comment and tell me all the flaws of my mixingWink

.mp3    I\'m alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

.mp3    I\'m alright 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Hello.

That snare gate+compression is pretty rough; try to figure out to lose that occasional cymbal bleed.

You've lost some definition on the kick. Possible reasons for this might be: Too fast attack on compressor, driven to (tape) saturation plugin too hard (one needs to be really careful with those in the kicks), hipass filter somewhere else in the drums (OHs in this case, another thing where one needs to be careful, hipass filters alter phase so putting one somewhere on a multimic source might completely destroy low end), or finally a bad mastering limiter (L3's and other "multiband soft clippers" suck balls, hard clipping is the best way to retain the apparent punchiness in transients).

But otherwise I think this quite a good sounding mix; the lead vocal shines on this one!
(01-07-2013, 04:32 AM)Spede Wrote: Hello.

That snare gate+compression is pretty rough; try to figure out to lose that occasional cymbal bleed.

You've lost some definition on the kick. Possible reasons for this might be: Too fast attack on compressor, driven to (tape) saturation plugin too hard (one needs to be really careful with those in the kicks), hipass filter somewhere else in the drums (OHs in this case, another thing where one needs to be careful, hipass filters alter phase so putting one somewhere on a multimic source might completely destroy low end), or finally a bad mastering limiter (L3's and other "multiband soft clippers" suck balls, hard clipping is the best way to retain the apparent punchiness in transients).

But otherwise I think this quite a good sounding mix; the lead vocal shines on this one!

Thanks, you're absolutely right.
Nice heavy mix!
This is not heavy metal but you landed the punch very good. The master comp bus is also aware hahaha I cant hear the bass and it's not breathing correctly bass+kick, u need more sub in this bass boy. Guitars sound prestine and are very well autom. very clean transcients and width. The eguitar is also amazing.
All this being said, in my opinion you killed the rom and oh, its hard to hear the drum vibe, it's almost kick and snare. They sound very good but too loud period.
Amazing vocal, very well placed and balanced. I miss some excitement and presence. It's too clean, try some 22 or 16 bit crush, make thing ugly to turn them beautiful.
Thanks for sharing and take care