Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Duty & Memories'
Here is version 1 ,
Just a quick mix not sure if i'm in the right track with this version!

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Duty and Memories V1..mp3 --  (Download: 12.83 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(04-05-2017, 02:59 AM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1 [...]

Nice. I was thinking is the original very middle 'honky', but you have straightened the frequency balance. You gave it kind of late 70's prog sound. I went for a bit more aggressive style. Again, if there something to mention, it's the upper middle transients and perhaps some vocal resonances there. Still, nice fresh and airy overall sound. Did you find anything fishy about the vocals? For me they sounded like somekind of combination of close and ambience mic, or perhaps the microphone was facing towards the vocal booth window and back towards the singer. ^_^
(04-05-2017, 03:07 AM)kapu Wrote:
Did you find anything fishy about the vocals? For me they sounded like somekind of combination of close and ambience mic, or perhaps the microphone was facing towards the vocal booth window and back towards the singer. ^_^
I'm glad someone else noticed the vocals sounding a little weird. I thought it was something I was doing. In the mix it's ok but soloed there is a slightly phasey sound.

As far as V1 goes it's nice and clear but maybe lacks some power. Like, kapu said it does sound like a prog mix. Which is fine. Personally I wish there was more separation between the rhythm guitar parts. I can only hear one and maybe just sense the other one.

Sounds good.
Good mix. I like the separation and balance. The only thing i would add is some more mid-low midrange to beef it up a tad. Vocals sound good and the open feel is nice.

Nice. I was thinking is the original very middle 'honky', but you have straightened the frequency balance. You gave it kind of late 70's prog sound. I went for a bit more aggressive style. Again, if there something to mention, it's the upper middle transients and perhaps some vocal resonances there. Still, nice fresh and airy overall sound. Did you find anything fishy about the vocals? For me they sounded like somekind of combination of close and ambience mic, or perhaps the microphone was facing towards the vocal booth window and back towards the singer. ^_^
Thanks for having a listen Kapu,
I id go for a 70's sound need to find a more modern reference as i like the power of your mix ,did;t do much to the vocals as spent too much time on the drums Blush

Version 2 will have a lot more punch and power after listening to your and other mixes !

Cheers Big Grin

(07-05-2017, 01:49 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote:
Did you find anything fishy about the vocals? For me they sounded like somekind of combination of close and ambience mic, or perhaps the microphone was facing towards the vocal booth window and back towards the singer. ^_^
I'm glad someone else noticed the vocals sounding a little weird. I thought it was something I was doing. In the mix it's ok but soloed there is a slightly phasey sound.

As far as V1 goes it's nice and clear but maybe lacks some power. Like, kapu said it does sound like a prog mix. Which is fine. Personally I wish there was more separation between the rhythm guitar parts. I can only hear one and maybe just sense the other one.

Sounds good.
Thanks For Having a listen Roy I agree after giving my ears a rest and hearing your mix .

Version 2 coming soon !

Cheers Big Grin

(08-05-2017, 12:23 AM)sagalegin Wrote: Good mix. I like the separation and balance. The only thing i would add is some more mid-low midrange to beef it up a tad. Vocals sound good and the open feel is nice.

Hi Sagelegin,
Thanks for having a listen I'm happy you like it ,Definitely needs more Beef !
Will Work on that in version 2

Cheers Big Grin

(04-05-2017, 02:59 AM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1 ,

Cheers Big Grin

Like the Guitars.

Drums need more punch to drive the song forward. Especially in the bridge, the drums and bass and guitars are all working together.

There is a sibilance is sue with the lead vocals, some De-essing would help with that.

Good Luck.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(28-06-2017, 09:28 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 02:59 AM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1 ,

Cheers Big Grin

Like the Guitars.

Drums need more punch to drive the song forward. Especially in the bridge, the drums and bass and guitars are all working together.

There is a sibilance is sue with the lead vocals, some De-essing would help with that.

Good Luck.
Thanks for having a listen ,
Happy you like the guitars ,Definitely going to do another mix down and hopefully give the drums more punch and power which i love in the preview mix maybe I need some more room sound and parallel compression ? and also less sibilance on the vocals .

Cheers Big Grin

I need some more room sound and parallel compression ? and also less sibilance on the vocals .

Cheers Big Grin

[/quote]

Parallel Comp may just make things a mess with this one.

I used Steven Slate trigger on the shell and then blended the samples with the OH and Room mics.

Because this is a Rock song without fast double bass runs, you can boost the low end of the kick drum to sit under the bass to get more impact.

The image attached is an example of what I did with KD. I thought of the KD IN/OUT as a top and bottom and then blended the two tracks.

Thumbnail(s)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1