Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'm Alright (Sano mix)
My mix, comments welcome.

.m4a    I\'m Alright (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 5.46 MB)

The thing i hear is pretty good,what i would say is i think you are sucking the life out of the guitars too much with a filter.Only filter guitars back untill you start hearing the body going then back off a tad .Drums bass and vox sound great.
Sounds great ,maybe the strumming acoustic is a touch soft Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Yeah, I ended up giving the acoustic low priority in my mix, so hp filtered it quite heavy and gave it a low level in the mix. Perhaps it could be given more prominence, as it does sound a bit thin on its own at the start.
I think that the acoustic guitar plays an important role in the song, so I believe you should make it sound a little bit better. But don't ask me how Wink
mixing since April 2013
All the guitars are too thin
Might be just my opinion, but I think this one has way too much reverb (or stereo spread effects). For these kind of songs you'd be better off with brave pan choices IMO.

The lead vocal has quite a lot of 2,5 kHz harshness. Maybe you should try to figure out a way to make the LV cut through with less abrasive ways. Don't be afraid to compress it even more.

Same thing seem to bother the electric guitar.

The bass and drums sound good here.
I addressed some of the areas pointed out to me. Hope it sounds better now.

.m4a    I\'m Alright 2.m4a --  (Download: 5.45 MB)

I really like the drums except for the cymbals. The vocals need a de-esser and need to sit better in the mix. The percussion is a tad too loud for my taste. The lead guitar solos need a volume increase. Overall I still enjoyed it.
Nice mix.
Nice work with percussion.
I think solo acgtr and piano could be a little louder.
There is a few parts where maybe could be a tighter de-esser. Maybe just needs to adjust the key freq.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.