Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outa Firewood
Mine sounds pretty scooped compared to the other mixes so far... will have to come back wth fresh ears to evaluate if that's a good thing or not.

The bass drum is perhaps a little too strong in the headache-inducing frequencies, but again I'll have to have a break and listen again.

Thanks in advance for any comments Smile

.mp3    Woodfire_Outer_Judders.mp3 --  (Download: 8.26 MB)

Thank for your comment! Your sound is definitely more scooped, but I don't think it's too much. Drums sound nice and very natural, but for my aesthetics the contrast between the drums and 'the rest' is quite large. As if the vocals and the rest of the instruments aren't part of the grandeur the drums have. But this is personal opionion. Still the mix feels very right and can't spot anything I would definitely change. Great work!
Thanks for listening and leaving a comment Smile

I see what you mean about the contrast, that's just how I heard it when I put up the raw files. I hardly ever use references because they draw me away from how I first hear what I'm aiming for when I bring up a static balance to start with. I wanted a big contrast when the guitars come in between the vocals.

I do think that you somehow captured a bit more energy in your mix. It had a bit more pep and get-up-and-go than mine, though I was aiming for a kind of low-budget late 80's/early 90's kind of vibe with mine... which certainly influenced how I approached the drums!

Thanks again.
Sounds well balanced to me ,the mid scoop that you mention just a touch more 2 k in the snare or a gentle curve around up around 1k.

But not a big deal an easy adjustment for the mastering engineer !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(04-05-2017, 02:56 AM)thedon Wrote: Sounds well balanced to me ,the mid scoop that you mention just a touch more 2 k in the snare or a gentle curve around up around 1k.

But not a big deal an easy adjustment for the mastering engineer !

Cheers Big Grin

Cool, thanks! Smile