Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Angels In Amplifiers: I'm Alright -- Robert's Mix 29-Jun-2013
This is a perfect song for Newbies to work on. The tracks here are as good quality as many of the Telefunken sessions - and certainly better than some of them. Nice one, Mike!

Any comments are most welcome - but, for me, the most valued advice will come from those who have mixed this song.

.mp3    I\'m Alright - Robert\'s Mix 29-Jun-2013.mp3 --  (Download: 6.79 MB)

I agree about the quality of this recording. My only suggestion would be to tone down the effect and maybe level of the lead guitar where it's playing with the acoustic lead because it is burying the lead acoustic. Otherwise sounds really good to me Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Real nice sounding mix Robert,the only one thing that bugs my ears is the tone of the lead
guitar it dont seem to fit with the rest of the mix,i dont l dont know if its just tone it could also
be volume but for me it just stands out like a sore thumb.
Very nice balance and smooth,good work.
(29-06-2013, 02:57 AM)Robert Wrote: This is a perfect song for Newbies to work on. The tracks here are as good quality as many of the Telefunken sessions - and certainly better than some of them. Nice one, Mike!

Any comments are most welcome - but, for me, the most valued advice will come from those who have mixed this song.

how about from me will my advice work here is a cool trick to help the snare drum turn it out of phase should give it a clean nice crack it should of been recorded that way my fault
GOOD JOB ..
mike .............Smile
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I knew there was 'something' about the snare. Thanks for that clue, Mike.

I can distinguish everything fairly 'ok' on headphones and nothing seems to jump out or seem buried - but knowing the song so well instrumentally and 'learning' the parts (as we do in mixing), we do lose perspective as time goes on. Having the lead guitar consistently reported as 'problematic' will certainly make me look at that again. Standby for mix number two.
Hi Robert
Apart from the minor things mentioned you have put together a great power full sounding mix !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Overall this is very good but the percussion & non lead parts of the electric guitar are too loud. The solo part of the guitar feels out of place and doesn't really sit well. I still hear talent however and I like the punch and volume contrast as it climaxes. Can't wait to hear more!
Nice mix Robert.I think just the lead guitar on 0:57 is a bit loud for me. But overall a nice sounding mix.
Great one dude!I love the snare sound you got there!
I found your mix pretty aggressive and balance i would only suggest to widen the stereo image.
Nice! Love the open sund of your mix