Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dangerous Way To Boogie
Some great mixes of this one! Fun, fun, and more funBig Grin

I found the left and right overheads were out of phase 180deg strangely enough. Perhaps intensional as it does give the effect of extra width. Regardless I inverted the left side with a plugin. For me, it made the drum sound more solid in a good way.Big Grin
I also reverted one of the stereo pairs on the piano back to mono and volume matched the stereo/mono levels. Just for that mono compatibility thing.

Thanks for listening.

.mp3    OwnWayToBoogie_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Hi Dave nice mix only a couple of things, the kick feels lost in the mix also the backing vocals feels a little bit loud, well done anyway.
Interesting approach to the piano. I found the recorded spread of the 6 tracks to be overly wide. I had to use a plugin to narrow the final stereo sum of the piano. The only thing I felt missing was some low end rounding the sound field out more.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(25-04-2017, 03:55 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave nice mix only a couple of things, the kick feels lost in the mix also the backing vocals feels a little bit loud, well done anyway.

Thanks Cudjoe, I didn't spend much time on the kick other than drying it up, so it probably needs more work. The backing vox I think a this stage anyway, I'm pretty happy with them. For me they do shout them out so I was happy to keep them a little invasive. I may change my mind tomorrow though.
(25-04-2017, 04:49 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Interesting approach to the piano. I found the recorded spread of the 6 tracks to be overly wide. I had to use a plugin to narrow the final stereo sum of the piano. The only thing I felt missing was some low end rounding the sound field out more.

I also found the piano overly wide and thus collapsed too much when dropped back to mono. I usually would pick out one pair that I like and mute the others, but I liked the combined sound of all the tracks. Mono-ing one pair didn't seem to affect the overall stereo image too much and aloud me to adjust the volume for mono listening. There wasn't any real thought process involved, just me playing around with the tracks as I do.
The bottom end is perhaps a little light, my loose referencing for this track was somewhat old school, so it become a compromise of sorts. I may look into it further.

Thanks for the feedback.Smile
(25-04-2017, 03:29 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Some great mixes of this one! Fun, fun, and more funBig Grin

I found the left and right overheads were out of phase 180deg strangely enough. Perhaps intensional as it does give the effect of extra width. Regardless I inverted the left side with a plugin. For me, it made the drum sound more solid in a good way.Big Grin
I also reverted one of the stereo pairs on the piano back to mono and volume matched the stereo/mono levels. Just for that mono compatibility thing.

Thanks for listening.

-----------------
Hey Dave, I love your mix. I can't hear anything that doesn't sound pleasing to my ears buddy.....great job!!! WoooooHoooooo! The mix on this one WAS fun wasn't it? Later.....Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(25-04-2017, 08:40 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: Hey Dave, I love your mix. I can't hear anything that doesn't sound pleasing to my ears buddy.....great job!!! WoooooHoooooo! The mix on this one WAS fun wasn't it? Later.....Tom

Thanks Tom. Means a lot coming from someone of your calibre.

Fun it was!Big Grin Mike never ceases to amaze me with the diversity of material that he gives us. I continually need to pinch myself when working with this content. It has become a great pastime for sure.Big Grin
Very nice and natural indeed!
(26-04-2017, 04:26 PM)Olli H Wrote: Very nice and natural indeed!

Thanks Olli, Means a lot coming from yourself also. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Excellent mix Dave enjoyed listening Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts