Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels in Amplifiers
Hi! Here is my mix of this really good song. I think everything is pretty well recorded. I did some copy pasting to correct the mistake on the acoustic guitar. Since everything was nicely recorded, this mix was fun to work.

Thank You for sharing.

Dom

.mp3    Angel In Amplifiers - Im Alright Dom418.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

hmmm...my acoustic guitar and overall mix is too bright... Dont know why I didnt heard it before. Sad
Yes, Dom. There seems to be a slight phasing or 'chorus' on the acoustic guitar which is making it brighter. Without altering any 'effect', perhaps just lowering the volume of the acoustic guitar would help. Just a thought ?
You are right...I put a delay to create a more stereo effect on my acoustic guitar. I'll try to solve this with a bit of eq.

thank you
(28-06-2013, 10:05 PM)dom418 Wrote: Hi! Here is my mix of this really good song. I think everything is pretty well recorded. I did some copy pasting to correct the mistake on the acoustic guitar. Since everything was nicely recorded, this mix was fun to work.

Thank You for sharing.

Dom

hey there just was wondering at what point in the song did acc guitar need to be fix
(29-06-2013, 08:21 PM)mikrostudios Wrote: hey there just was wondering at what point in the song did acc guitar need to be fix

There's a mistake in the first pre-chorus (F-major chord has a C#-note in it).

Sorry for hijacking Angel
Yup, it's too bright. Mainly the acoustic guitars and (to some extent) the percussion are contributing to the tinnyness.

I'd personally lose that chorus effect in acoustic guitar altogether, we're not in the 80s anymore Big Grin Same thing with the lead vocal hooks.

For some reason the toms sound really honky here. Remove some 500 Hz to compensate.

You got some good drum sounds!
(01-07-2013, 04:37 AM)Spede Wrote:
(29-06-2013, 08:21 PM)mikrostudios Wrote: hey there just was wondering at what point in the song did acc guitar need to be fix

There's a mistake in the first pre-chorus (F-major chord has a C#-note in it).

Sorry for hijacking Angel

you mean a c sus 4 .. yup that was the point of it but good edit anyway .. and it nice to no you listen that close ..
(29-06-2013, 08:21 PM)mikrostudios Wrote:
(28-06-2013, 10:05 PM)dom418 Wrote: Hi! Here is my mix of this really good song. I think everything is pretty well recorded. I did some copy pasting to correct the mistake on the acoustic guitar. Since everything was nicely recorded, this mix was fun to work.

Thank You for sharing.

Dom

hey there just was wondering at what point in the song did acc guitar need to be fix

at 29 sec. I will post a new mix soon. Thank You for your comments guys.
Here we go. I made some correction to my first mix that was too bright. I removed some high end on my acoustic guitar part and little bit on my perc as suggest by Spede. Let me know what you guys think.

Another things, I'm wondering what you think of the overall feels of the song. Cause a lot of time when I'm mixing song, I don't feel the song moving foward. I got a lot of difficulties to make thing happens in chorus etc... I don't know if you guys understand what i'm trying to say lol.

Ty

Dom

.mp3    Angel In America - Im Alright V2 Dom418.mp3 --  (Download: 6.78 MB)