Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Balazs Daniel Boogie Woogie Trio, Own Way To Boogie
It was more fun than usual mixing this track,all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    The Balazs Daniel Boogie Woogie Trio,Own Way To Boogie mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

What!!! No feedback for me or crownoise?Sad
It's great! I really like the vocal of your mix!
Hey Cudjoe ,
I like your mix just some things that come to mind having a quick listen .
In the intro the to the kick ,hi hats and vocals are cutting through nicely ,the bass guitars could come up a touch more in the upper frequencies to help translate on smaller monitors.
The hi hats could be tamed a touch in the high frequencies , I'm thinking of using a multiband compressor or tdr nova to tame mine also.
The kick has a boxy resonance at 147hz overpowing the bass a touch ,cutting out with a narrow parametric eq should help give the bass some space.
The vocals sound good ,could be a touch more touch fuller on the low frequencies or maybe less 2-4k area.

Well Done .

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(20-04-2017, 01:49 PM)Ruben Wrote: It's great! I really like the vocal of your mix!
Thanks very much Ruben.
(20-04-2017, 11:30 PM)thedon Wrote: Hey Cudjoe ,
I like your mix just some things that come to mind having a quick listen .
In the intro the to the kick ,hi hats and vocals are cutting through nicely ,the bass guitars could come up a touch more in the upper frequencies to help translate on smaller monitors.
The hi hats could be tamed a touch in the high frequencies , I'm thinking of using a multiband compressor or tdr nova to tame mine also.
The kick has a boxy resonance at 147hz overpowing the bass a touch ,cutting out with a narrow parametric eq should help give the bass some space.
The vocals sound good ,could be a touch more touch fuller on the low frequencies or maybe less 2-4k area.

Well Done .
Thanks don I will have another cracking at it,look out for mix 2.
(16-04-2017, 12:45 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: It was more fun than usual mixing this track,all comments are welcomed.

Very nice balance on this. Vocal a definite highlight. But so are all the other instruments. Everything shines, nothing seems out of place. Nicely done.

Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(21-04-2017, 07:34 AM)jeffd42 Wrote:
(16-04-2017, 12:45 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: It was more fun than usual mixing this track,all comments are welcomed.

Very nice balance on this. Vocal a definite highlight. But so are all the other instruments. Everything shines, nothing seems out of place. Nicely done.

Cheers, Jeff
Thank you very much Jeff.
Solid mix Cudjoe, which is becoming the norm for youBig Grin
Not too many issues for me. I pretty much like it as it is.Smile The kick could be a bit tighter as it has quite a tail on it, but that comes down to a taste thing. Also in the intro I think the line "put some boogie" could come up a little in volume, just to match the intensity of the phrasing at that point. Nothing major though.

Nice mixSmile
(25-04-2017, 12:50 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Solid mix Cudjoe, which is becoming the norm for youBig Grin
Not too many issues for me. I pretty much like it as it is.Smile The kick could be a bit tighter as it has quite a tail on it, but that comes down to a taste thing. Also in the intro I think the line "put some boogie" could come up a little in volume, just to match the intensity of the phrasing at that point. Nothing major though.

Nice mixSmile
Thanks very much Dave it means alot.