Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sin Six - Perpetual Escape - My mix
Lotsa guitars. I blended and bounced them down to individual tracks. I'm wondering how other people handled them. I thought the dual lead vocals going back and forth was a challenge to mix as well. I don't know if my ears are playing tricks on me but for some reason I think the vocals sound a bit louder when I bounce this to MP3 as opposed to listening to the mix in my DAW. So I'm not sure if my vocals are bit too loud or not. As always, if anyone wants to trade some critiques feel free to post.

Updated mix V2: some minor tweaks.

Dave

.mp3    Sin Six V2_04.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

.mp3    SinSix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

Hey !

Your mix sound very nice ! Very balanced and musical !
One little thing I would fix : vocals are a bit masked by the instruments during the verses. A little dip at 2k on the instrument bus and you'll be good Wink

I like it a lot ! Thanks !
(18-04-2017, 01:56 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey !

Your mix sound very nice ! Very balanced and musical !
One little thing I would fix : vocals are a bit masked by the instruments during the verses. A little dip at 2k on the instrument bus and you'll be good Wink

I like it a lot ! Thanks !

Hey, thanks a lot! I agree, I was struggling with balancing those vocals especially on the opening verse. I'll check out some of your mixes. Thanks again.
Your first mix is more organic and listens well at various playback levels. I like that. Your second mix delves into an environment I don't think you've finished yet. The waters are still a bit muddy. I can sense the direction but I think with your next version your ideas will be even more clearly stated. Crank it up!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]