Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Back From The Start
Had another go at this one.

.mp3    Back from the Start.mp3 --  (Download: 6.15 MB)

.mp3    Back from the Start Final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.15 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Nice sounding mix Big Grin !
I like to hear a touch more top end rattle on the snare cut through a little more just personal taste.
Top job Wink !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Snare sounds ok here,the kick needs a sweep i think its resonating a bit to my ears.
Well done,bass could be a tad loud
Thanks for the input guys. Here's another version with some work on the kick and snare.

.mp3    Back from the Start 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.15 MB)

Chorus vox too loud now and the bass is still miles to loud
Kicks lots better tho
I love that kick!!
mixing since April 2013
I listened the last version (2). Sounds good and weird in a good sense. I like the almost mono feel of this version.

Kick and snare make a nice pair. I wasn't sure if like the drum space or not, but after couple of listenings I think it creates a very special sound. So I like it.

Main vocal (or melodic speaker) drops around 1.15

Delay in vocals disturb me a little bit. It messes the pronunciation of words here and there.
Thanks for listening and giving valuable input, Olli. I agree with your evaluation and here is my attempt at implementing it.

.mp3    Back from the Start 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.15 MB)

Brave and bold and weird. I like it, although this version won't be chosen as a record version .

Maybe something should be done to those f- and s- sounds. Now the singers splutter too much, and it's not good for their credibility and rock image. Listen from 0:17 onwards. I'm afraid that de-esser wont help with that in right way. Maybe low-pass filter around 6K with 24db q-value. It may work or it may spoil the whole thing.
Nice mix overall.I would bring down some of the muddiness and bring the solo guitar up a bit and wide to have some wider stereo image.
Keep up bmullen,nice.