Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sin Six V1 - Need opinions
Hi everyone,

I mainly work on Hip-Hop but I like mixing other genres a lot.
I enjoyed this tune so I thought I'd give it a try.

I would like some feedback from people with more experience with this genre.

Any help is appreciated Smile

Adamas.

.mp3    Perpatual Escape - Sin Six_1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.12 MB)

Pretty solid mix Adamas!

Maybe a little automation on the guitar parts when it gets a little bit heavier to bring them up a little bit for a little bit more oomph.

Aside from that, tones, placement and clarity are all there!

There were a couple of male vox that could come up in the later sections of the song as well.

Really well done for "not being very experienced" in the genre!

Draper
Oh man, that means so much !
Thanks a lot !
Thanks for the tips as well Smile
Hey !

I'll write in english so everyone will understand what we say Wink If you need more, feel free to contact me directly Wink

Overall your mix is pretty solid ! Every track can be heard, drums are punchy, guitars have nice separation.

Some things I would fix : the kick and bass are masking each other. I definitively hear and feel the kick, but the not the bass. I would suggest you to choose which one will be above the other. For this kind of music, I usually place the bass above the kick. So kick will have a boost at 55-60 Hz, bass a hi pass at 65 Hz, and then use complementary EQ to separate them.
The snare sound a bit thin. You can boost some 160-200 Hz to give it some body.

Vocals are a bit loud for my taste. We like having them just above the instruments.

Nice job man !
Hey Mandubien !

Thanks for your time and listening to my mix !
After listening on multiple playback system I was thinking about the same kind of revisions Smile
Specially about the snare and vocals.

I am still taking some time 'apart" from your song so I can get back to it with fresh ears and state of mind but I will definitely try your suggestions Wink

Thanks again man !
(18-04-2017, 01:49 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey !

I'll write in english so everyone will understand what we say Wink If you need more, feel free to contact me directly Wink

Overall your mix is pretty solid ! Every track can be heard, drums are punchy, guitars have nice separation.

Some things I would fix : the kick and bass are masking each other. I definitively hear and feel the kick, but the not the bass. I would suggest you to choose which one will be above the other. For this kind of music, I usually place the bass above the kick. So kick will have a boost at 55-60 Hz, bass a hi pass at 65 Hz, and then use complementary EQ to separate them.
The snare sound a bit thin. You can boost some 160-200 Hz to give it some body.

Vocals are a bit loud for my taste. We like having them just above the instruments.

Nice job man !

Hey Mandubien !

How does it sound now ?

.mp3    Perpatual Escape - Sin Six_2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.11 MB)

I'll take a moment to listen to all new mixes very soon ! I'm pretty busy these days, so sorry for the delay !
Don't be sorry, that's a good thing Wink
Alright, let's go for V2 Smile

That's better for kick and bass. Now I can feel and hear them both without masking. However the kick seems to be a bit loud and too much in front with the snare.
The snare is really cool, but too loud. It's in front of everything, especially vocals. No matter the genre is, vocals must be in front. For the rest, don't touch anything Smile
Just as a general point of discussion, a dance track may not benefit from having the vocals in front. But other than that, I would agree mandubien.