Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I´m Alright - Angels in Amplifiers - Jamolir Mix
Heeya!

My mix of this cool song. Very well recorded stuff! Hope I didn´t mess it up.. Smile

Cheers,
/Marcus

.m4a    I_m Alright.m4a --  (Download: 5.89 MB)

(27-06-2013, 09:04 PM)Jamolir Wrote: Heeya!

My mix of this cool song. Very well recorded stuff! Hope I didn´t mess it up.. Smile

Cheers,
/Marcus

hey bro iam the one who recorded the tracks and the mix I did for the site was very quick I hear you listen to and took out some thing like e guitar with I think was a good move now keep in mind I am the one who played it I also like how you move the percuss tracks forward in the mix its well bal and has a nice flow
keep up the good work
mike ..
(28-06-2013, 02:14 PM)mikrostudios Wrote:

Cheers,
/Marcus

hey bro iam the one who recorded the tracks and the mix I did for the site was very quick I hear you listen to and took out some thing like e guitar with I think was a good move now keep in mind I am the one who played it I also like how you move the percuss tracks forward in the mix its well bal and has a nice flow
keep up the good work
mike ..

Oh, cool! Like I said, really well recorded! Good job!

Yeah, I took out the el guitar in the verses, it created some dynamics between the verse and chorus.

Glad you liked it!

Cheers,
Marcus

Great Job! I really love your mix. Guitars Tones Vocals everything. I listened to it on my small altec lansing speaker and sound great there too.

Good Job!
Dom
(29-06-2013, 05:54 AM)dom418 Wrote: Great Job! I really love your mix. Guitars Tones Vocals everything. I listened to it on my small altec lansing speaker and sound great there too.

Good Job!
Dom

Cool! Thank you so much!
This is an awesome sounding mix great job Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(29-06-2013, 09:37 AM)thedon Wrote: This is an awesome sounding mix great job Big Grin !

Thanx man! Countless hours of trial and errors are finally paying off! Smile

Cheers,
/Marcus
Hi Marcus.

Nice Mix!
Overall a good balance, I only think the tambourines and shakers
are too dominant.

In terms of tone, in general, I in would add some 'meat' in the mids, like in the guitars and vocal.

I just mixed this song and it is always fun to hear other mixes afterwards and hear other approaches...

Cheers!

RJ

Cheers,
/Marcus

(30-06-2013, 10:19 AM)ERJEE Wrote: Hi Marcus.

Nice Mix!
Overall a good balance, I only think the tambourines and shakers
are too dominant.

In terms of tone, in general, I in would add some 'meat' in the mids, like in the guitars and vocal.

I just mixed this song and it is always fun to hear other mixes afterwards and hear other approaches...

Cheers!

RJ

Hey!

Thanx for your input, much appreciated!

Cheers,
Marcus

Cheers,
/Marcus

The reverb in the solo acoustic guitar is cluttering the whole mix. You should focus that rev more to the higher midrange if you want to keep it. I'd personally lose the reverb altogether.

The snare sounds great in this mix. However some of the snare hits get completely lost here. I'd check if there's some possible gating issues. If anything gets lost after that, then I'd simply make one pass with focus on the snare automation.

I feel there's a small incoherency regarding the spectrum of different instruments; The cymbals and percussion are too bright compared to the rest of the material. I personally think you'd have (even) more pro mix if you'd balance this: Darken the cymbal stuff and make everything else brighter. "Carving space" is the biggest hoax in modern mixing slang IMO.

But in general this is a pretty good mix.