Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Sin Six'
I have enjoyed Perpetual Escape's work so far, so I had to have a play with this one.
Kept this one a little old school and simple. Picked the four guitar tracks I liked and pulled the faders down on the rest.
A great track, a little surprised there hasn't been more takers.

Thanks to Mandubien and Band.

.mp3    PerpetualEscape_SinSix_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

.mp3    PerpetualEscape_SinSix_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

Hi Dave even though you've taken away some guitars still sounds good, maybe a little on the safe side but thats cool.
(13-04-2017, 04:53 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave even though you've taken away some guitars still sounds good, maybe a little on the safe side but thats cool.

Thanks Cudjoe, I'm not super knowledgeable with the genre so I decided to keep it clean with an older hard rock sound. All the elements were there to achieve this.Smile
Hey Dave !

The main issue I can hear is the kick which I cannot feel at all. It sounds totally buried behind the bass. I would suggest you to place it under the bass by filtering the bass up to 65-70 Hz. Then boost the kick at 55-60 Hz. So they won't mask each other.

Some rhythm guitars are a bit aggressive, but it's just a matter of taste.

Keep it up !
This was timely Mandubien, as I was working on some adjustments. I thought I was pretty happy with the kick but I have added a little more thump at 55hz as per your suggestions. The bass was already high passed at 85hz so I cleared some of the kick away @ 150hz to help it sit better with the bass, hopefully this works. Yes, the guitars are a bit too aggressive. A combination of some compressor settings that were too fast in the chain and the guitars being too dry. I have tried to make them sound more inclusive in my second mix, once again, hopefully.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Love your work and enjoying Perpetual Escape on Soundcloud at the moment. There are 2 songs in particular I can't get enough of, Roadkill and Rock Yourself. Too Good!Big Grin

Cheers
That's lovely ! You can listen and download our albums at our bandcamp website. We released 2 EPs and a full album. You'll get more stuff to mix soon Wink
(20-04-2017, 10:04 PM)Mandubien Wrote: That's lovely ! You can listen and download our albums at our bandcamp website. We released 2 EPs and a full album. You'll get more stuff to mix soon Wink

Super!!! Will be sure to check this out. Thank you.Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin