Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Away
I don't really know if this works or not. I decided to be heavy handed. Stereo image isn't centered, on purpose.
I figured try to capture what its like to sit up close between musicians.
Plenty of eq going on here. Lots and lots actually. That and transformer summing. Not really anything else, iirc.
Oh... I flipped the polarity on both close mics. Not a massive difference but I went with it that way.

.m4a    joanna_ready for upload-2.m4a --  (Download: 4.76 MB)

.m4a    joanna_ready for upload_lows mids and verb_mastered.m4a --  (Download: 4.73 MB)

I went ahead and added another that's a little more center image, with more lows, mids (700hz area), a couple other minor corrective narrow EQs, and a big hall verb. Rumble hopefully isn't too much :o
One last post. I want to share the unmastered version.

When I mastered it I had too much fun with boosting the highs. Confused

During mix, I used around 20 narrow EQ's to ring-out the wav. After this, I could shape it however I want. I used about 5 broad EQ's to shape it into this before going to mastering stage.

But then mastering.. that's the thing- since there were no resonances, when I boosted the highs +15dB in mastering (!) I got that violinist bow right in your eardrum -- where its borderline painful, but they are such a good player that I didn't go running and screaming, lol. I've never been able to get away with something that bold, so I decided to roll with it. Didn't get any comments about it, so I guess the answer was, meh.

hahaha.. anyway, ...VERY tricky track, for me. Hopefully someone can take it further.

.mp3    joannaward_away_mix3_fin_unmastered.mp3 --  (Download: 11.54 MB)