Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Karl Hungus- Got Your Love Jacques mix
Hi!!!

Here my approach at this song.

I would like to know how it translate outside of my headphone that I'm using.

Let me know.

Peace

Jacques Moretti

.mp3    Karl Hungus- Got Your Love_mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.35 MB)

Hi Jacques,
This is the first time heard your mix and enjoyed it a lot ,it sounds great.
I'm not sure if i could do as good job , haven't downloaded the multitracks and haven't much practice with this genreso take my comments with a grain of salt Blush.
There is one thing thing I can hear on my monitors , I think it is the synth bass that comes in at 0.32
could be more central with a touch more lower end definition somewhere below 70hz area ,Maybe rolling off everything below 200-250 in the side channels may also help keep the bass more focused .
Well Done !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(01-04-2017, 10:32 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Jacques,
This is the first time heard your mix and enjoyed it a lot ,it sounds great.
I'm not sure if i could do as good job , haven't downloaded the multitracks and haven't much practice with this genreso take my comments with a grain of salt Blush.
There is one thing thing I can hear on my monitors , I think it is the synth bass that comes in at 0.32
could be more central with a touch more lower end definition somewhere below 70hz area ,Maybe rolling off everything below 200-250 in the side channels may also help keep the bass more focused .
Well Done !

Cheers Big Grin

Hi Don!

Is nice to ear u again it was a long time I didn't a mix here, and I'm happy the people that are long time in this site continue to give feedback, thx!!!
I'll give a look on the bass synt u mention, I remember that I tried to switch in mono but at the end I keep it stereo, probably put it in mono and cut some 200 as u say will do the job.
Really thx about that it sound great: I mixed in some low budget headphone so why I was asking how it translate on other support or in a studio or home studio whatever Big Grin .
I think u enjoyed because was the first time I mix using all my skills I've developed during years of crashing my head on the wall Big Grin, and I think that finally I got that sonic/sound that I was looking for.

Thx again for ur feedback and all best Don.

Peace

Jacques Moretti
Hi,
overall a nice mix but too focused on the low frequencies with at lack of high frequencies for the synth sounds IMO. May be the bassdrum could be turned down a little bit as well. But as said: overall a good mix!
Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50x
Speaker: Genelec 8010AW (3“-Woofer + 0,75“-Tweeter)
(Room without any acoustic treatment and no space for bigger ones)
(01-04-2017, 12:13 PM)NoAcoustics Wrote: Hi,
overall a nice mix but too focused on the low frequencies with at lack of high frequencies for the synth sounds IMO. May be the bassdrum could be turned down a little bit as well. But as said: overall a good mix!
Hi!
Really thx, yes probably there is this issue because I've mixed in some consumer headphone.
Really apriciate your feedback nuff thx I'll give a look Wink

All best, peace

Jacques Moretti