Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unseen
This one is a challenge because of all of the phase issues.

I tried to keep the mix as clean as possible without getting nuts but I could not for the life of me figure out a way to keep the vocals intelligible and dirty without having it sound separate from the mix.

This is an end result of make do and mend.

Feedback is welcome as always.

Best.

.mp3    UNSEEN_2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

.mp3    UNSEEN.mp3 --  (Download: 10.4 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Disclaimer : I'm not a professional mixer, just an amateur trying to improve my skills and help the community. So don't take my remarks too seriously Smile
Listening/working environment : Eve Audio SC205 in a "half" treated home studio / Yamaha HS50M in a standard room / DT880 / MDR7509HD

Hi,

There is a very correct mix, the guitars are ok except a strange pumping effect sometimes, drums are good, snare & kick could be more in the face.
And there's something messy behind, at first I couldn't figure out what but I think this is the bass, odd harmonies are perturbing the overhall clarity of the mix.
Vocal is clear maybe a bit above the mix.
Hope it helps !

Regards,

TiPa

Hi,

There is a very correct mix, the guitars are ok except a strange pumping effect sometimes, drums are good....

[/quote]

This is definitely a problematic mix for sure. The bass is a little wacky and out of tune in some parts. So I decided to, instead of trying to fix the wacky parts to exploit them. Whether it worked or not is subjective. However, I agree with everything you have said here and its helpful to have a second opinion. Thank you.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1