Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mallory
Here's my attempt to mix this song.

It has a lot of tracks and that's kind of difficult for me to handle yet; but I guess it's good to go ahead for new challenges.

I hope you get to like it but I'm not so sure about it Confused Let's see!

.mp3    The Mountaineering Club - Mallory.mp3 --  (Download: 3.66 MB)

Well done with sticking with and completing the mix. I think you've made a pretty good job of it, though I would like to hear a little more of the synth bass in the track to give it a bit more body and fill out the low end.
Well done,i would have liked to hear them guitars panned more.
Nice job and well done for having a go
Sano: this was easy to fix! the bass is now 1,5 db higher than before.

I can't believe you didn't say anything about the electric guitars. I went crazy when I saw so many of them there all playing at the same time Smile

Takka: your post came while I was uploading the new mix. I got a question for you. I have all guitars panned in couples at 18%, 36%, 50% and 80% (right and left). Do you think they would sound better if they were all at the same position. 80% for instance?

mixing since April 2013
I would go wider myself but thats me .
The way you are doing it is fine,just delay them a bit.
okey dokey! a subtle delay for the guitars!

mixing since April 2013
Very nice mix juanjose congrats!!I would pan them together if they play the same part (thats me)i treat them as one entity with blend tones.Maybe some more 6 k on vocals would be nice too.
(25-06-2013, 10:46 PM)gopener Wrote: Very nice mix juanjose congrats!!I would pan them together if they play the same part (thats me)i treat them as one entity with blend tones.Maybe some more 6 k on vocals would be nice too.

Yes Gopener i agree,with a tad of space between the two for thickness

Well done,guitars a bit thin but no big deal,dont filter them so much in future
(25-06-2013, 11:36 PM)takka360 Wrote:
(25-06-2013, 10:46 PM)gopener Wrote: Very nice mix juanjose congrats!!I would pan them together if they play the same part (thats me)i treat them as one entity with blend tones.Maybe some more 6 k on vocals would be nice too.

Yes Gopener i agree,with a tad of space between the two for thickness

+1 Big Grin