Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Decypher - Unseen (Adam's mix)
Hi everyone! What do you think about it?

.mp3    Decypher - Unseen (Adam\'s mix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.07 MB)

Sounds great!
(18-03-2017, 07:25 PM)Adamz Wrote: Hi everyone! What do you think about it?

Pretty badass.

Good job it getting it punchy and maintaining the clarity.

Any details regarding what you did or how you approached this mix?
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1

Nice mix! I personally think the guitars are a bit lacking in lows and/or too bright (not a lot of meat to them), and the vocals are really quite thin, but that's what the reference track had, so I can't really fault you for that. Other than that, it sounds great, no distracting bus compressor pumping and no weird digital artifacts/distortion on the guitars. Save the two things I mentioned, awesome job!
Disclaimer : I'm not a professional mixer, just an amateur trying to improve my skills and help the community. So don't take my remarks too seriously Smile
Listening/working environment : Eve Audio SC205 in a "half" treated home studio / Yamaha HS50M in a standard room / DT880 / MDR7509HD

Waouh, great job on the drums ! Super powerful, I like it ! Guitar are ok, very separated, we can here the 2 parts clearly which is a decision you took versus a "wall of sound" approach, but sometimes they sounds a bit thin. Vocal are good and bass is discreet but there, anyway we don't want to here more of it Smile
Very well done !
Great! There might be a bit too much average energy in the upper mids giving the overall sound an unnecessary amount of 'nastyness' or something. Still, very good mix! I really like not-so-aggressive-yet-very-punchy type of drum sounds. ^_^