Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flames - It's been a while!
Hoooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwdy!

I trust everyone has been well! I myself haven't had much time for mixing outside of work, but I found myself with a night off and a wantin' for some mixin'.

I think what I have here is pretty good, considering I didn't replace any drum sounds. I did use all of the DI tracks along with the amp tracks on bass and guitar.

Fairly straight forward mix.

If there's anything I think I won't like in the morning, the first will probably be the kick level on the choruses, but we'll see then!

If anyone has any thoughts or comments, feel free!

Cheers!

Draper

.mp3    Flames.mp3 --  (Download: 12.48 MB)

.mp3    Flames 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.61 MB)

Hey Draper cool mix I like it a lot ,
Thinking the snare could come back a touch or less attack !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey Don!

You're totally right. I think my ears went snare blind last night. With this update I used a transient controller, as well as pulling the volume down. I think it makes a lot more sense now!

Thanks for the words!

Draper

.mp3    Flames 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.48 MB)

Quick edit to automate the drums down during the second chorus, and brought up the bass amp a touch.

Also, I would like to apologize to everyone who see this that I have not commented on anyone's posts in the past few months. I took a new position at work that has me either sleeping or working. I have had scant little time for outside activities lately, and hope that in the near future, things will be cooling down so that I can spend more time with the community.

Yay live theatre!

Draper
Hey Draper ,
Listening to your latest version the snare definitely sits better ,on my monitors I found a touch more top end shelf around 3k 1-2db and a slight dip at 130hz-190hz around 1db seems to open up the mix.

Good luck with your new position ,I know the feeling as long as you do what you love and love what you do Confused!

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

So right about the Eqing Don. I think it made a world of a difference.

Cheers!

.mp3    Flames 4.mp3 --  (Download: 12.61 MB)

I really like your mix. Please comment on my mix, it's quite similar. Soulmates? 8-)

Frequencies like this suck. '-._.-'
*-._.-[ Long live the 90s ]-._.-*