Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Sin Six'
Saturation, saturation and... more saturation! That was the order of the day with this one. Went for maximum grit. Feedback always welcome.

Cheers,
Mick

.mp3    Sin Six.mp3 --  (Download: 8.09 MB)

Hey Mick ,
I like your mix a lot ,no critics from me sounds great ,especially the drums and bass sound solid and connected.

Nice One !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Overall it sounds pretty good. The balances of the band all work. I could use the slightest bump on the low end of the bass and made a slight cut in its mids. The snare could have a little more crack.
The vocals feel a little stacked on themselves and they mask each other. I'd consider panning the background vocals or really filtering them so they are a little more separated from the leads. I think the vocals overall could come up a click.
I also think the track could do with some effects. At least some reverb. It feels kind of dry at the moment.

It's a good mix. I think it just needs some tweaks to build up the excitement of the song some more.
Hope that helps.
(16-03-2017, 10:41 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Mick ,
I like your mix a lot ,no critics from me sounds great ,especially the drums and bass sound solid and connected.

Nice One !

Thanks Don, appreciate it
(16-03-2017, 03:27 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Overall it sounds pretty good. The balances of the band all work. I could use the slightest bump on the low end of the bass and made a slight cut in its mids. The snare could have a little more crack.
The vocals feel a little stacked on themselves and they mask each other. I'd consider panning the background vocals or really filtering them so they are a little more separated from the leads. I think the vocals overall could come up a click.
I also think the track could do with some effects. At least some reverb. It feels kind of dry at the moment.

It's a good mix. I think it just needs some tweaks to build up the excitement of the song some more.
Hope that helps.

Thanks Roy, I just checked my mix and great pickup on the backing vocals... there was zero treatment or panning on them at all! LOL I'll probably upload an edited mix soon. Cheers.