Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Much to Much - Ear Candy Mix
Much to Much - Ear Candy Mix

Mix was done using REAPER and free stock plugins.

Very atypical mix!

Not so much Big Band style, but more a modern jazz version with panning and muting some instruments to streamline the arrangement, and various textures added.

You may notice: The back vocal only appearing here and there (with a band pass in the mids), strong bass leading the song, a frequency sweep in the first part of the trombone solo and stereo chorus in the last), and distortion in the back vocal (last reply "yes I love you much too much), copy-pasted some second verse trumpet into the first verse, alternated between piano and guitar (not letting them play together), and what else? Can you spot the other modifications?

The main vocal has a slap delay and some reverb, but is IN YOUR FACE. I used no compression, but automated the envelope so that almost all the lyrics were hovering around the zero (0) mark using a VU Meter (not a peak meter).

I ditched the ROOM MIC track, because I rearranged the song. However, I added a Reverb Buss with only the WET playing, as to emulate a room mic.

Got rid of the KICK drum (which sounded really bad) in the front end of the song; it comes in near the end when the song gets busy.

You can't miss the "1, 2.. 1, 2" count in the intro: I boosted that up to the MAX - added a GATE, delay and reverb. I thought it would be fun to hear the conductor's voice better.

Best to listen with headphones. Smile

Hope you enjoy.

Can you tell I had fun mixing this song?

Smile

.mp3    MuchtoMuch_QUEBECOIS_MIX2017.mp3 --  (Download: 10.26 MB)

You should have given it a 50's title like "Stereophonic Sound!"
A different but enjoyable take! It's pretty obvious that you enjoyed this one.Smile

Dave