Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Flames V2
Flames V2

.mp3    Flames V2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.52 MB)

Hi 5OVEREIGNTY I have noticed that you are a bit reluctant to give any feedback or replies on other mixes, maybe that's why you are not receiving any,give it a try Smile.
(15-03-2017, 05:01 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi 5OVEREIGNTY I have noticed that you are a bit reluctant to give any feedback or replies on other mixes, maybe that's why you are not receiving any,give it a try Smile.

Didn't know I was seeking any? And criticizing other peoples work ain't my bag, GOOD LUCK! Wink
(15-03-2017, 06:43 AM)5OVEREIGNTY Wrote:
(15-03-2017, 05:01 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi 5OVEREIGNTY I have noticed that you are a bit reluctant to give any feedback or replies on other mixes, maybe that's why you are not receiving any,give it a try Smile.

Didn't know I was seeking any? And criticizing other peoples work ain't my bag, GOOD LUCK! Wink
I think you are missing the point iam not talking about criticising others, iam mearly talking about any advice.

[/quote]
I think you are missing the point iam not talking about criticising others, iam mearly talking about any advice.
[/quote]

What do you need advice on?

[/quote]

What do you need advice on?

[/quote]
Sorry can't stay online too long iam at work, no matter what profession we are in we all need advice of some sort, that's how we improve.
[/quote]
Sorry can't stay online too long iam at work, no matter what profession we are in we all need advice of some sort, that's how we improve.
[/quote]

Mixing & mastering is subjective, just because someone doesn't like your mix doesn't mean that its bad. Even the supposed "Masters" do bad mixes in my humble opinion. Its like anything else, it takes time to get good at it & it helps if you study music first.

Let's not give 5OVEREIGNTY any more attention, that he so desperately wants. We see what you're doing here.
(15-03-2017, 01:23 PM)Mrvin Wrote: Let's not give 5OVEREIGNTY any more attention, that he so desperately wants. We see what you're doing here.

You see? Good eye sight? You may want to use your ears as its more about audio bro......... I think? Tongue

(15-03-2017, 03:01 PM)5OVEREIGNTY Wrote:
(15-03-2017, 01:23 PM)Mrvin Wrote: Let's not give 5OVEREIGNTY any more attention, that he so desperately wants. We see what you're doing here.

You see? Good eye sight? You may want to use your ears as its more about audio bro......... I think? Tongue

Well, listening with my ears, I can tell this isn't a well sounding mix. The snare is so loud that it may as well be a solo instrument, the ghost notes are as loud as the full hits. The bass, vocals, and guitars are all picking a fight with each other, it's super fatiguing to listen to and I struggled to get even half way though it. This mix needs to be remixed from scratch to fix it's problems.

This forum exists to post up your mixes of the tracks provided by Mike and the bands he works with, so others can listen to them and give you their impressions of your mix and what can be done to improve it. In return you do the same for others on here, posting up your mix, giving it a 5 out of 5, and not replying and making critiques is very much frowned upon and goes against this forum's goal. Yes, music and art are very much subjective, you can still voice your opinion on someone's mix in an objective way, a bad mix is just that, bad, so you can give suggestions on how to improve it. Maybe the mix sounds over compressed or unbalanced, or the mix may have a great balance and overall tone but is missing some sense of space or needs some saturation to glue everything together, point is that no matter how subjective something might be a set of ears other than your own is needed to shed some light on to something you may have missed when you were mixing.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6