Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown, Flames mix 3
My mix of this brilliant track i made a ever so slight change to the ending, i hope the band don,t mindSmile all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    The Black Crown, Flames.mp3 --  (Download: 12.59 MB)

Hi Cudjoe,
I like your mix sounds well balanced and glued together maybe a too glued if that makes any sense but it's not the first time i have been told I'm mad lol Confused.
Thinking a touch more overall dynamics would sound awesome not sure if needs just a combination of a touch less reverb ,and limiting or compression on individual tracks ?

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi there Cudjoe. I feel vocals are completely over the mix, and as don says all the instrumental too glued up together, and I hear a big lack of low end on the mix, specially on bass guitar. I like the vocals effects used, a lot.
Thanks guys for that i must of got a little carried away with tape saturation,as for the lack of low end on the bass i felt it was what was needed, more upper mids to drive the aggression of the track i have done a mix 2 and took away some mix buss comp/saturation.Cheers again.

.mp3    The Black Crown, Flames mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.59 MB)

(14-03-2017, 05:43 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Thanks guys for that i must of got a little carried away with tape saturation,as for the lack of low end on the bass i felt it was what was needed, more upper mids to drive the aggression of the track i have done a mix 2 and took away some mix buss comp/saturation.Cheers again.

The drums sounds really good to me. The Vocals especially in the verse is a bit loud to me, you might try to lower it a dB. Not sure you what you did with the guitar buss, it sounds overcompressed/ducked kinda pumping in the instrumental part (?)

Cheers!
Thanks guys i agree with your comments,i have made alot of adjustments on mix 3, all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    The Black Crown, Flames mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.69 MB)