Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Abletones Big Band - Corine, Corine (thelongestyear)
Here's my attempt to mix this song.
Please, tell me what you think.
Thank you.

.mp3    The Abletones Big Band - Corine, Corine_r8b.mp3 --  (Download: 6.3 MB)

Nice sounding mix ,just one realy minor thing is the guitar sounds a little harsh at somewhere around 2.5-3k !
Good levels !
Thanks
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(25-06-2013, 11:02 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice sounding mix ,just one minor thing is the guitar sounds a little harsh at somewhere around 2.5-3k !

Thanks for the reply, Don. Yeah, I totally agree on that. The panning of it isn't the best as well, I'm afraid.
Good mix
I like the natural space sound of the horn. Maybe you could add more precence to them while they're playing solo. For example slightly precence in solos and fills and otherwise in the background.

Guitar sounds little bit "added". It makes the over all sound little monotonic. Guitar is not that important element in this kind of music.

Also you might try to accent more the changes in arrangement.
(05-07-2013, 11:54 AM)Olli H Wrote: Good mix
I like the natural space sound of the horn. Maybe you could add more precence to them while they're playing solo. For example slightly precence in solos and fills and otherwise in the background.

Guitar sounds little bit "added". It makes the over all sound little monotonic. Guitar is not that important element in this kind of music.

Also you might try to accent more the changes in arrangement.

Thank you, Olli. You're right about the guitar, I totally agree on that. I didn't want to mess with it too much. Although I've done a couple of changes. The reason I don't want to get too much on the instruments is that as long they're a professional kinda band they know when it's supposed to be laid back or pushed a bit forward and so on. Another thing is that I couldn't figure out the initial positions of the mics which provided not the best spacing. But factum est factum. Time to move on.

.mp3    The Abletones Big Band - Corine, Corine (EQ)_r8b.mp3 --  (Download: 6.3 MB)