Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Alone - Amentis Mix
Hi All!

I am pretty excited about this one(my best mix so far) and I would love to hear your feedback on it.

Cheers,

.mp3    NOT ALONE MIX2 48K-FINALv1.mp3 --  (Download: 15.42 MB)

Overall i think you've achieved a really nice balance with your mix, which isn't that easy given both the number of tracks, the arrangement and length of the song and the level variances within some of the individual tracks themselves, so well done with that.

Thinking of some possible tweaks here and there
1. There are parts of the song where i think it may be a bit dry. The piano crescendo during the intro that heralds the band coming in proper could do with some extra reverb bloom so it hangs in the air a tad more and i think the verse vox is a bit dry too out there on its own. The FX during the rest of the song seem well judged so maybe some (more) automation on your FX sends could help with these.
2. some minor tweaks with automation during the breakdown and subsequent vamp would really help keep Vox front and center as the song builds

You are right to be excited about this mix - good work and keep it up!

Cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Simon, thanks so much for taking the time to listen! All great notes and I totally agree with all of them. I need to revisit this and do some tweaks Smile

(15-04-2017, 02:56 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Overall i think you've achieved a really nice balance with your mix, which isn't that easy given both the number of tracks, the arrangement and length of the song and the level variances within some of the individual tracks themselves, so well done with that.

Thinking of some possible tweaks here and there
1. There are parts of the song where i think it may be a bit dry. The piano crescendo during the intro that heralds the band coming in proper could do with some extra reverb bloom so it hangs in the air a tad more and i think the verse vox is a bit dry too out there on its own. The FX during the rest of the song seem well judged so maybe some (more) automation on your FX sends could help with these.
2. some minor tweaks with automation during the breakdown and subsequent vamp would really help keep Vox front and center as the song builds

You are right to be excited about this mix - good work and keep it up!

Cheers, Simon

I think it lacks bottom end.
i like the snare verb, 80's without being too 80's Big Grin