Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLAMES mix by Mati Godoy
Very nice recorded song, so it´s ideal to make a quick mix. Let me know your thoughts! What can I do to improve it?

---------------------------------------

Well after a second day of trying this, I upload a better master. Just minimal automation on guitars, and Dynamic EQ and multiband compression on the mix bus. I think I also saturated a little bit more the vocals.

Reaching this point, I made a couple exports more but with less satisfying results, so I misled my mix from here Haha. Let me know what you think and thanks for taking the time to make any comment! Cheers!

.mp3    FLAME.mp3 --  (Download: 12.71 MB)

.mp3    FLAME mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.71 MB)

Hi there, listening through headphones like your stutter idea,I feel though your bass has too much low end, guitars feel good maybe a little too loud or your vocals are a touch too low automation? Keep it up.
Yes I agree, I will work out the bass soon. And the mix has ZERO automation, didn´t took the time for it, just put some send effects. Thanks for your feedback!
I really like the positioning of the vocals. The processing gets a little intense for my taste. The guitars sound a little harsh. I think a quick cut around the 4k area would even that out, maybe even a multiband.

Overall I really like the mix of it all. Levels sound even and everything can be heard.
Thanks for feedback! Your mix is very good. Remarks from technical perspective. There seems to be a good amount of dc offset going on, although can't say if it's audibly a bad thing. I'd check lim/sat/dist processing. The drums might be drawing an unnecessary amount of attention and the main guitar sound is slightly on the harsher side, but they don't sound disturbingly 'wrong'. Again, as said, the mix sounds very good and complete. Great work!
Hi,
This a really solid sounding mix ,love the effects.
Just touch heavy in the low end of the guitar but not a big deal.
Enjoyed listening.
Well done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks MonitorZero, kapu and Don, I´ll check guitars and bass to see what can I improve.
The mix sounds overall pretty good to me!
What you might try is to push the overheads more. There is a emotional impact from verse to chorus when the drummer starts hammering the crash which is a bit low right now. Perhaps a touch more fundament on the kick. In that part were the bass plays that throughout pattern different from the guitars I'd push the distorted ampmic way more so you get that feel of buildup enhancement towards the prechorus.

Cheers, Andy
Thanks Andy for your comment! Please check my new version, maybe has some improvement regarding the bass guitar. I don´t agree with the overheads push, I really tried but in my opinion they sound extremely fatiguing on the choruses.
Well I prefer the guitars from the first mix. The amp bass mix from 1:14 to 2:05 could be even louder – not the lowend. I mean there is difference in bass playing in this part which sounds cool and should be featured. I find the bass guitar in general now has a almost boomy lowend??

You changed quit a lot in the 2. mix but I meant rather small tweakings, your first mix was already really good.