Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Want - Scott's Mix
Here is my attempt at this track. Much more difficult than I initially thought. I'm not 100% happy with this mix. I really struggled with getting the harmonies to blend well. Thought I would post it up on here to get some advice on some things I might have overlooked. This is pretty much a "progress-so-far" kind of upload. Any advice/criticism is appreciated.

.mp3    What I Want Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Sounds like you've gotten off to a great start with this one to me. The lead vocal sounds great but might need a bit of sibilance reduction. I like the overall balance and clarity you've achieved here.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
I agree with bmullen on the observations made.

It's not an easy song to work on at all. I've returned to my own mix of this song mix time and time again - but never been happy with my 'result' either. Anyone who has attempted this mix will know exactly where you're coming from. You've made a very good attempt considering the track quality, Scott.
where are the drums? i can hear cymbals and kick but very little of anything else. work on your gain staging. this entire mix seems VERY low in overall volume. obviously don't start clipping everything, but don't be afraid to crank things up a bit. i could do without the distortion on the backing vox. you'll beat this mix soon enough.