Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Through My Eyes Mix
This is my mix of "Through My Eyes"
Hope you like it.

.mp3    Through My Eyes.mp3 --  (Download: 9.51 MB)

Hiya!
Sorry it has taken someone so long to get to your mix - we're a very busy collective nowdays!

A good start to this mix, but if I may make a few suggestions to help you clean the mix up a little.

The prominent delay that appears in the first chorus and then continues throughout the song could afford to come down in volume a little and maybe pick a few select words to send to the reverb channel instead of letting the whole vocal track reflect around. It makes the space behind the singer a little cluttered. It also seems to be panned to one side, almost as one would create a secondary 'radio effect' backing vocal to fit in a mix. Where you have it sitting in the bridge ("and I have tried over a thousand times to tell you") at 2:14 is much better placed in level, but maybe also have it sitting centrally instead of panned to one side to make it blend a little better.

The acoustic guitar solo needs to come up in level to match the level of the piano. Once the vocals disappear our ears are searching for the new 'lead' line to follow. The guitar is the first instrument to appear after the drop, but the volume it currently sits at is a bit too low. Oh, where it comes in at 2:27 could also afford to come up a bit as well.

Take a little of the low frequency out of the reverb (most noticeable in the quiet section under the kick and definitely in the vocals) to reduce the build up of 'mud' in the song.
Unless I am trying to create a darker effect for a song or soundtrack, I'll usually reduce 200Hz and below in the reverb channel to prevent this region of the song becoming indistinct. The bass guitar, kick, piano and toms (if any are present) and the bottom end of the snare and most male vocals all lie in this region, so keeping this frequency range (and below) out of the reverb, or at least reducing it a fair bit, will leave space for these low frequency instruments to be heard more easily.

Hope this has helped!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!