Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wind mixed by Metamusic
This is my first mix attempt on something of this scale so I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for listening!

.mp3    TheWindFinal.mp3 --  (Download: 2.92 MB)

Great work for first attempt of this challenging mix !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Well done. This is a tough song to mix. There are a couple of things I noticed balance-wise. First, the drums are a bit buried for me. Not as noticeable in the beginning of the song, but the final chorus they really get drowned out by the guitars and vocals. Also, I like a little more spread on the background vocals, especially when they all come in at the end of the song. Overall a nice mix though.
(22-06-2013, 12:59 PM)jspace24 Wrote: Well done. This is a tough song to mix. There are a couple of things I noticed balance-wise. First, the drums are a bit buried for me. Not as noticeable in the beginning of the song, but the final chorus they really get drowned out by the guitars and vocals. Also, I like a little more spread on the background vocals, especially when they all come in at the end of the song. Overall a nice mix though.

Thank you! The Drums were challenging, while I was forced into the bad choice of mixing with headphones on this one, I noticed they were lost on built in laptop speakers. Could not figure out how to make them appear on both headphones and built in laptop speakers.
Hi there!

I just had a listen to your mix, a few pointers.. Smile

- Overall compression, Do u have a limiter on with a slow release? It buries the low end (kick, Bass)
- The Electric guitars could benefit from some high pass filtering, High pass is really not used as often as it should be. But beware, too much filtering sucks the life out of the instrument.
- Some de essing (or more) on the vocals would help even out a lot of annoying s:es.

It is a good mix but your main problem is that its "dirty", you need to clean it up to make room for everything to fit properly. Mainly by High passing I believe.

Cheers,
Marcus

I got new HS50ms that I wanted to break out for another try at this song. I also tested out making my own multiband compression through EQ and aux tracks for mastering.

.mp3    The Wind.mp3 --  (Download: 2.81 MB)