Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Jones ,Why dont you stay mix 2
Some excellent mixes and discussions here,this is my mix.

.mp3    Ronnie Jones Why dont you stay.mp3 --  (Download: 11.79 MB)

.mp3    Ronnie Jones Why dont you stay mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.74 MB)

Hi Cudjoe ,
Sounds great ,well balanced on my monitors a lot cleaner sounding mix than mine which I have to fix in the next version.
One very minor thing is the snare sounds really good but a touch dry and missing some splash or something in context of the mix ,not sure maybe a touch more parallel compression or just some more space from room or overheads or a subtle master reverb ?

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(12-02-2017, 11:15 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Cudjoe ,
Sounds great ,well balanced on my monitors a lot cleaner sounding mix than mine which I have to fix in the next version.
One very minor thing is the snare sounds really good but a touch dry and missing some splash or something in context of the mix ,not sure maybe a touch more parallel compression or just some more space from room or overheads or a subtle master reverb ?

Well Done Big Grin
Thanks don I will make some adjustments on mix 2 cheers mateSmile.
great mix! maybe you could lowcut the guitars a bit to create more overall clarity? it would make the sides less heavy in the chorus as well.
(12-02-2017, 11:15 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Cudjoe ,

Well Done Big Grin
Cheers don yes the snare does sound alittle dry so I added abit more snare verb(hope I have,nt overdone it,mix 2
(13-02-2017, 10:47 AM)loupi Wrote: great mix! maybe you could lowcut the guitars a bit to create more overall clarity? it would make the sides less heavy in the chorus as well.
Cheers Loupi I have made some adjustments,mix 2
Hey !

The only complain I have about your mix is the 3D placement of the instruments. For example the vocals are behind some guitar tracks (4&5 I think).
I think you should review some track volumes and play with EQ to make some guitars sound a bit more behind.

Otherwise, it's a good mix Smile
(15-02-2017, 12:41 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey !

The only complain I have about your mix is the 3D placement of the instruments. For example the vocals are behind some guitar tracks (4&5 I think).
I think you should review some track volumes and play with EQ to make some guitars sound a bit more behind.

Otherwise, it's a good mix Smile

Thanks very much mandubien I will take a look at that cheers.