Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why don't you stay DEMO mix inspired by thedon mix
It is work in progress. Some of the instruments have no reverb so they might not glue in the mix like intended as far as I know I didn't even EQ the BVC it is just the balance I corrected. Please drop your comment and thought so that I can apply it on the finished mix. Mixed in Harrison 32C

.mp3    Ronnie Jones Why Don\'t You Stay_Studio Saturn DEMO_session.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
Sounds really nice, really the biggest things I can say are that the tambourine could come down a little in the verses and the lead vocals could come up a bit in the choruses. Surprisingly the minimal reverb doesn't really affect the balance, maybe a snare reverb and a smaller drum room style verb blended underneath would be the cherry on top.

I can confirm that the Demo of mixbuss does add noise every 30 seconds and really can't be used for even the most basic demo mixs because of that (if only more companies took Stillwell and Cokos copy protection model and offered a fully functional demo with popups that come up after a certain period). The plugins sound really nice and I like how it has console emulation built in, but why not ie the end user all the plugins when they buy the program instead of giing you a small selection and then charging you for for the rest, that's the biggest drawback of Mixbuss in my opinion, it may cost $299 but you need to but the plugins already included in the program when you download it, atleast that's how it seems.

Anyway, the mix sounds great and im lookin forward to the full version!

Cheers, and hope this helps
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Hi DCP10200 Thanks for the comment and I will definitely look into it. BTW the drum has chamber but not much also the snare but it is gated verb.
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
Sounds Great love the punchy drums especially the snare ,It's a really good mix .
This is what inspired my mix ,forgot to mention that I used the Cd of this song as a reference !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL2zRWH6uBU

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(10-02-2017, 01:19 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Sounds really nice, really the biggest things I can say are that the tambourine could come down a little in the verses and the lead vocals could come up a bit in the choruses. Surprisingly the minimal reverb doesn't really affect the balance, maybe a snare reverb and a smaller drum room style verb blended underneath would be the cherry on top.

I can confirm that the Demo of mixbuss does add noise every 30 seconds and really can't be used for even the most basic demo mixs because of that (if only more companies took Stillwell and Cokos copy protection model and offered a fully functional demo with popups that come up after a certain period). The plugins sound really nice and I like how it has console emulation built in, but why not ie the end user all the plugins when they buy the program instead of giing you a small selection and then charging you for for the rest, that's the biggest drawback of Mixbuss in my opinion, it may cost $299 but you need to but the plugins already included in the program when you download it, atleast that's how it seems.

Anyway, the mix sounds great and im lookin forward to the full version!

Cheers, and hope this helps
Doug
I like the overall sound of this mix ,might give the demo a try just to hear the console sound ,I have way to many plugins anyway lol.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I love that Harrison tone.. i can hear it clearly.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.