Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Jones - Why don't you stay (rookie mix)
Hi there, this is my mix, still one of my first "real" mix attempts...

I heard some great mixes here (RogerAlmeida).

I'm not so happy with mine, I didn't know how to handle to vocals in a good way, they still sound too nasal. Any advices are welcome !

.mp3    ronnieV2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.83 MB)

Hi! In fact it's not that bad for being your first mix attempt. Much much better than my first one Smile

There are a few things to check in order to make it sound better:

- the tambourine is too loud. Maybe -4db will be ok.

- The leadvox is a little bit honky. Check around 2khz and see if you can fix it. I also think it's loud, try to lower its volume -2 or -3db

- I can hear the bass very well, but it's blurring the kick. Try to make space for the kick.

Again, very good mix for being your first one! Smile
mixing since April 2013
Thanks Juan !
You're right, when I listen to other mixes, mine sounds very bright. Tambourine is certainly too loud. I had a nasty cold and my ears too...I will try to improve the mix in coming days. Also for the kick and bass relation I experimented a sort of "fake" sidechain with an EQ that had a low band linked to a controller. However this might be a bad solution, I'll try to find a better static position for each instrument.

Here is my last version. I made some EQ changes on drums,bass and lead guitar for clarity. Restarted the lead vocal mix (used only the dry track) and the master track EQ & dynamics that were too bright and crispy. I'm quite happy with this one Smile

.mp3    ronnieV3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.63 MB)

(11-02-2017, 10:17 PM)claudiom Wrote: Here is my last version. I made some EQ changes on drums,bass and lead guitar for clarity. Restarted the lead vocal mix (used only the dry track) and the master track EQ & dynamics that were too bright and crispy. I'm quite happy with this one Smile

This is a good mix.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
I Agree with DDL ,this a well is a nice solid mix ,listening on auatones and translates very good.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts