Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Motor Tapes: 'Shore' kapu mix
Tried to be original. ^_^

.m4a    motor_tapes-__shore__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 9.21 MB)

.m4a    motor_tapes___shore__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 9.21 MB)

.m4a    motor_tapes___shore__kapu_mix2b.m4a --  (Download: 9.34 MB)

Added new mix. ^_^
Hey Kapu, just listening to the new mix... I like how you really featured the bass - that's a different approach, and it's a cool bassline too.

The kick drum is really dominating the mix though - for me, it probably needs to come down as much as maybe 3 or 4 dB. I love the crunchy, punchy, dry snare though. I don't know about the choice to ditch the guitar solo - it was one of the highlights of the song for me, particularly the way the complimentary guitar parts played along with it.

The strummed guitar chords in the chorus sound a little too murky/honky/boxy - maybe lose some 500hz?

As you said, an original viewpoint of the song - with a few level refinements would be very cool.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Nice Job Kapu

Really digging the bass, sounds great!!
Cool mix
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(24-10-2018, 09:24 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Kapu, just listening [...]

thanks for feedback! added new version with some level adjustments as you suggested. also added rest of tracks, although i didn't tweak the guitar sounds too much. for me the honky boxyness kinda works with the lm1 style drum sounds. ^_^
(24-10-2018, 12:56 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Nice Job Kapu [...]

thanks! i don't if it was necessary to play the bass part, but the original had quite a lot of rumbling. anyways, it's always fun to play and record instruments. ^_^