Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sail Away - Mix by Timo
Hi everyone. This is my first mix here.
Let me know what you think.

.mp3    SailAway_TimoMix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.75 MB)

Welcome to CMT forum Timo!

Very good balance in your mix. Excellent piano sound. I think the lead guitar may need some help to bring it and make it more interesting and less harsh. Your mix will benefit for some stereo processing to expand it a little. Unless you want to reserve the stereo expansion for your horns and BG Vocals which are good once they enter in the arrangement. I like your mix a lot, a good beginning for this forum. Keep contributing and mixing, cheers

(31-01-2017, 11:06 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: Welcome to CMT forum Timo!

Very good balance in your mix. Excellent piano sound. I think the lead guitar may need some help to bring it and make it more interesting and less harsh. Your mix will benefit for some stereo processing to expand it a little. Unless you want to reserve the stereo expansion for your horns and BG Vocals which are good once they enter in the arrangement. I like our mix a lot, a good beginning for this forum. Keep contributing and mixing, cheers

Thank you. Great feedback, too.
Excellent job
It seems to me that the overs are a little high Smile
(31-01-2017, 09:34 PM)timo Wrote: Hi everyone. This is my first mix here.
Let me know what you think.

--------------

Your first mix here? Welcome!!!!! You will love this forum I promise you!

The mix sounds great to me.....just a couple of things. I think there is a little too much "highs" in the overheads and the horns are just a bit loud. But, the mix is a good mix and a very pleasant listen. You'll find that the feedback you'll get from the people in here are very constructive and I can tell you first hand, it all helps us to get better mixes and that's what we are here for. Nice job! Keep them coming! Oh, and great piano sound too.

Tom

www.TweetTweetMusic.com - Tommy Marcinek
Thank you guys
Hey! I think you can get more "glue" for this one, for me it's also too midrangey, lack of bottom end, but maybe that's just my taste... Cheers and mix, mix, mix! Smile