Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice challenge_Corine Corine
Very different song from any other i mix so far!..
I end up not using the room mics because there is already plenty of room on the instrument tracks, so only plug in reverbs and the room from the tracks.
Now, i found phase pretty descent except in one part with cymbals that was sooo phasy,bat i couldn't do much..

.mp3    Corine Corine.mp3 --  (Download: 6.32 MB)

Great sounding mix !

one suggestion would be to have a play around with he far panned guitar as it sounds a little loud and out of place on headphones !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks don!You are right for the guitar.I just hear my mix on headphones again and is pretty loud.
Nice sounding mix,vox sitting nice
You could work on the overall balance a bit
more but it sounds good
hehehe, you got me takka Tongue
That was my fastest mixes by far!I am sure if i just wait a bit and listen it again i would change some levels!
Thanks for listening Smile!
You're controlling quite nicely the space. Maybe you're muting and adding rooms. Or just muting?

The horns could use a little bit more glue. Maybe you could add more room mics to make them blend more.

I agree with thedon: dry panned guitar don't fit the other mix.

I like the smooth vocal sound, but is it little bit suffocated? Maybe a little bit more of reverb could do a trick.

Kick is probably too loud for this kind of music. I think it should be only supportive, not the driving force.
Hello Olli, thanks for stoping by and hear my mix!
I didn't use the room mics on that mix because i found the leakage very usable for that aspect.So i use the leakage plus
some digital reverbs that i automated in sections (not muted just bring them up and down).
The guitar is not fit in the mix i agree completely!
Vocals could use a bit of reverb bat i like them now as they are (with more reverb i will loose some of the ''hugnes'' they have).
Also i agree for the kicks purpose on that genre bat i dont found i overdid it (maybe i did though Tongue).
I really enjoyed listening your mix, awesome job!
Guitars sound good to me, except the last part where the momentum is at the highest point, they annoy me just a little bit...
I agree with hugeness of vocals and I agree that reverb would do more harm than good, vocals are great.
I didn't focus on drums so much as nothing got into my way, but the finishing kick got my attention - A W E S O M E Smile

One more spin Smile
Thanks a lot Jejsus!

p.s. sorry if i didnt have time lately to pass by and comment bat i have very busy days :S
Hello Gopener,
nice mix mate.good job.maybe the kick a bit lower and I bet you could make the vocal sound a bit more 'flashy' if you could spent more time on it ;-)
I enjoyed listening to it.
Cheers