Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Jones: 'Why Don't You Stay'
Really enjoyed mixing this one, beautifully recorded and only very small EQ moves were required to get the vibe happening. I felt a retro vibe with this tune and went with it. Feedback welcome as always.

Cheers,
Mike

.mp3    why don\'t you stay.mp3 --  (Download: 11.57 MB)

Sounds good. Here's what jumps out at me.
1. I think the electrics in the verse can have some effects on it. Something to help propel the song a bit. His singing is a little slow and held back and the song could use another element that helps keep it moving. If that makes sense. The choruses feel good though I think they could be bigger.
2. The kick is a little "thuddy" and loud. It might be a cool sound if it were back in the mix more. Or eq some of the midrange thud out and that would put it back with the band.
3. The solo is loud. It could come back.

It feels pretty good. I think it could use some tweaks but it's close.
Hmm... I'm not 100% sure, but the acoustic guitar or two voice riff guitar (or whatever) has some low mid/middlish resonance around 400-500. The drums have great snappy/flappy/punchy thing going on, although they might be slightly overpowering. Maybe readjust levels? Great vocal sound. And great sounds in general.
Very nice mix
Hey peeps, thanks for the comments and feedback. I appreciate it. Cheers, Mick
He Mick,
Sounds pretty good to me, good job with space and balance.
I the intro and chorus I'm hearing what maybe kapu is hearing wit the resonance which I think is eg 11 and 12 which cheated and muted for the same reasonBlush!
I like the sound of the drums ,as a personal taste thing maybe a dip some 100-200 in the kick and tame some hollow sound I'm hearing on the on the snare around 700-800 hz.
Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(01-02-2017, 10:02 AM)thedon Wrote: He Mick,
Sounds pretty good to me, good job with space and balance.
I the intro and chorus I'm hearing what maybe kapu is hearing wit the resonance which I think is eg 11 and 12 which cheated and muted for the same reasonBlush!
I like the sound of the drums ,as a personal taste thing maybe a dip some 100-200 in the kick and tame some hollow sound I'm hearing on the on the snare around 700-800 hz.
Well Done Big Grin

Thanks Don, much appreciated