Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Don't You Stay My MIX
What a wonderful song with great arrangement and AMAZING recording quality!
It was such a pleasure to work on this project! As always I hope you guys will like my work on this! Cheers!! Smile

.mp3    Why Don\'t You Stay.mp3 --  (Download: 12.35 MB)

Sounds pretty good. My biggest issue is the "lead" guitar. It's so chopped and really needs something to extend it a bit longer. It's jarring. The guitar solo is loud and could also use some other effects. The vocal is back in the mix but I can't say it bothers me. I like it a little down in the mix. It could use a fade at the end.
Other than that it feels good.
Nice smooth sounding mix! Maybe a little strong in the 2-4khz area overall. A slight harshness coming through in that area. I think the lead guitar could do with some reverb just to place it back behind the singer also.
Generally though, the song moves along nicely. Big Grin

Hi Andreas,
I like your mix sounds well balanced.
The electric guitar Roy is talking about I had fun trying to add a delay to lengthen it more with some delay and reverb !
listening on headphones and krk monitors the 2-4k area is not as noticeable until listening on ns10's and auratones which does sound touch strong as Dave mentioned but doesn't effect the overall sound of your sold mix.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello guys and thanks everyone for the listen and the time you spent in order to help me improve this mix. You were all right about the lead and solo guitar so I putted some effects and lowered the solo guitar some dbs in order to make them more in the mix.
As far as the 2-4k area's harshness I that Don and Dangerous mentioned I think that this one is better.
And finally I tried some fade out at the end as Roy suggested.
Thanks again guys!!! Cheers Smile

.mp3    Why Don\'t You Stay V.2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.35 MB)

Hey Andreas, nice punchy mix. A bit too much snare reverb for my taste and it's still quite active in the 2-4khz region, although your second version is noticeably smoother.
Very nice mix