Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done to me?
I hope that the title of the song is not what Signe Jakobsen thinks of my mix!! Rolleyes

But here I go with another mix. My 13th mix here and also in my life!

I've found this one quite difficult because there were more tracks than usual to mix. I've had to use a lot of automation to make it sound decent.

But I'm sure you'll find a lot of things that can be improved... so I'm all ears!

.mp3    Signe Jakobsen - What Have You Done To Me.mp3 --  (Download: 2.44 MB)

Hi Juanjoes
you have picked a tricky one Big Grin !
pretty good mix so far.

The electric guitar in the intro sounds a little harsh maybe play around with eq around 2-4 k approx -3db.
The vocal may require eq down a couple of db at around 1.25k-1.8k
(this is what stands out on my monitors the most )
The shaker in the chorus is a bit loud.
Hope this will help a little.
I tried to mix this last year and still sitting on my computer with many others might give it another go !
Thanks
Don.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you, Don! I've made the changes plus a couple of other things that I was not very happy with.

Your changes were very subtle but since they can be easily spotted in the beginning of the song with only the guitar and voice playing, it has made a big difference.

I encourage you to mix this song. Maybe last year it was difficult for you, but I'm sure that it will be a lot easier now! Try and see!

Sounds really good
Having a listening to other mixes.
I think the piano at 1.45 could be a tiny bit bit brighter and the organ down a touch Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Alright, both piano and organ fixed.

In fact, the piano now sounds more like the original track because I didn't like much the trebble in it. But I believe that they made it this way for some reason...

vox are loud and the snare is a tad in the intro nice sound tho.
The piano is also very loud and the guitar sounds very thin and
in a bit of a hole on its own.
Turn the piano down and try some automation on the vox after the piano
As they seem very loud when they come back in
back here with my homework done Cool

more automation on the voices tracks. With the level they had in the verses, they couldn't be heard in the chorus. Plus some sylables that were too low... that means that the voices must be alright now... are they???

Piano and snare are also down; and I must add that I believe you were talking about the guitars in the chorus section. Now the lead guitar doesn't sound that thin and for the first time since I started mixing the song, I feel satisfied with the sound of them. So thank you so much, Takka!!!!