Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Roots of Mankind - Mix & Master
Hi everyone!

During mixing i liked this song more and more Smile
I was very happy with drums sound and how they were recorded.
At the beginning i spent much time to find out what's going on with rhythm guitars and after all i printed them with all 4 mics at the same level, so it was much easier to mix it.
I had also problem with sibilants on male vocal track at some point. That's why i distorded vocal at the beginning of chorus.

I hope you like it.

Enjoy!
Very very good balance! And very good mix! One of the best.
Very good drum sound! Please tell us if you used samples?

Maybe the guitars sound a bit harsh. They are powerfull, that's a good point. But just a little agressive Wink

About the esses on the vocals, you're right. I'm facing the same issue. I used the Waves Renaissance Deesser. It helps but doesn't fix the problem, especially if you want to compress them as they need to be.
Hi PeteShifter!
Thank you for your comment! It's nice to hear it.

I used a snare sample with huge boost at 2.5kHz and blended thatone in just a little bit to brighten up original snare. Its turned off at the bridge from 2.33 to 2.42 so you can notice at the main sound, bottom and impact is from original track.

I used the same snare sample to send to reverb, but without any boost, just with HPF and LPF.

Kick and toms are without samples. I used kick sample to send to reverb same as above, but i don't think is noticeable if i switch that off.

On vocal track i used multiband compressor as a main vocal comp. It helped to keep it under control i think.